View Vacancy - Residence and Admin Assistant (GIB23.591)
Who we are:
The Office of the Governor of Gibraltar is part of the worldwide FCDO network, representing British political & economic interests overseas and is currently looking for a Residence and Admin Assistant.
The role is vital to support 2 functions: the Residence and the Corporate.
Residence- This involves executing routine stewarding duties and providing support to the Residence Manager & Team.
Corporate- Largely based on providing support to the Health & Safety Manager as well as Inventory and stock control.
The role entails:
- Assist Residence Manager in the day to day provision of all Convent Residence requirements, including front of house, administration and clerical duties.
- Preparation of all equipment, furniture, refreshments and rooms as required for events; both routine and occasional.
- Assisting in all programmed functions and events and giving direction to casual staff.
- Record as required used/issued items for drink, food & beverages.
- Cleaning tasks in accordance with the published steward cleaning schedule.
- Assisting the Chef with product procurement, general shopping, kitchen preparations and cleaning.
- Carry out all Health & Safety controls and protocols in accordance with FCDO requirements and regulations and in support of & as directed by the Corporate Services Manager.
- Manage and Control stationery stocks: ordering & supplying items when required to maintain an adequate level of availability for all eligible staff.
- Escorting of visitors/subcontractors and welcoming of visitors/guests.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Proficiency in English
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work without direct supervision.
Good to have:
- Proficiency in Spanish is advantageous
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience in the hospitality/service industry.
- Computer knowledge
- Experience in performing administrative tasks
This is a full-time position with an initial fixed term contract of 24 months of 41 (gross) working hours per week.
The successful candidate will receive a monthly salary of £ 1,713.00 gross (12 instalments).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of six months.
Staff recruited locally by The Office of The Governor in Gibraltar is subject to local Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Working Patterns: This role will attract payable overtime and a flexible approach as per the diary requirements.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.