View Vacancy - Consular Contact Centre Assistant A1 for Malaga (ESP19.450)
The British Consular Network in Spain is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for one Consular Contact Centre Assistant to Malaga.
The main purpose of the job is to answer calls and email traffic from Consular customers around the globe, providing detailed advice, signposting to relevant competent authorities or escalating to our posts. The main aim is to reduce the number of calls to our frontline posts, only escalating serious assistance casework, such as death, detention or hospitalisation of a British National. Handlers will need to make judgement calls on action required. Call handlers should record all info relating to calls & email and ensure this information is up to date and accurate. Deal with Crisis calls for the first 90 minutes.
In addition, this position involves unsocial hours.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
- To receive calls/email enquiries in assigned languages and ensure correct handling of customers in line with targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Answering customer’s contacts on a variety of subjects, giving accurate information where possible and pointing people in the right direction for things we cannot answer;
- To continually ensure that all internal information avenues are kept up to date and errors and omissions are escalated to senior staff members. Being a key part of our customer knowledge management and quality control initiatives, helping to collate accurate feedback on what our customers are saying and helping to test the quality of our service;
- Recording data you receive and actions you take to allow us to maintain a solid picture of the work we do. Feeding back to the Team Leader ideas on how to proactively communicate with our customers using our website and other tools, to reduce telephone calls and improve our communications;
- Consistently meet the following KPIs for effective telephone calls handling: Average ACD Call Duration (no more than 3'30''), Phone Availability (no less than 80% of shift time), Re-queued Calls (no more than 0,5%), Resolved with Post Advice (no more than 2%).
- Consistently achieve an average score of 85% or higher in mystery shopping exercises and other activities carried out by our Global CC Operation to ensure that the quality of the service which we deliver meets that set in the SLA agreed with our internal and external customers.
- Fluency in English (C level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages*), verbal and written, with excellent communications skills;
- Intermediate level of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Availability to work unsocial hours;
- Strong customer communication and service skills;
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Previous experience working with a contact centre or customer service environment;
- Fluency in any other language.
This is a full-time fixed-term position until 31 March 2020. The candidate will work on a shift-rotation basis (i.e. varying work schedule each week) from Monday – Sunday including unsociable hours and compressed shift patterns. The candidate will need to be available to work some Public Holidays. The exact working hours and shifts will be laid down by the Contact Centre in Malaga but the centre is open 24/7 and working patterns will reflect this.
The successful candidate is subject to a confirmation of a background check, security clearance and the successful completion of a probationary period.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Spanish Social Security Scheme and will therefore not be entitled to any gratuity from the Embassy / Consulate based on gross annual salary.
Regarding taxation, the Consulate in Malaga is part of the British Mission in Spain, and as such supervised by the British Embassy. The Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Employees are fully responsible for payment of Spanish income tax at the legally required rate. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Spain are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Spanish employment law.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Spain and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please be advised that Consular positions at the FCO entail dealing with casework in situations that may involve death, detention, rape, assault, post-mortems, prison visits and highly distressed customers. Candidates should therefore have a high level of resilience to trauma.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.