View Vacancy - MNL - Regional Recruitment Officer, AO
The British Embassy Manila is a large diplomatic mission delivering a dynamic and rapidly expanding programme of activity in support of the UK’s objectives on prosperity, security and consular matters. The Embassy is a modern, diverse and inclusive employer where everyone contributes to the Embassy’s WORC Values of Wellbeing, Opportunity, Respect and Collaboration.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) has a Regional Finance, Human Resources, and Procurement hub based in Manila, overseeing 34 High Commissions, British Embassies and Consulates in 22 countries in the Asia Pacific region.
The HR hub is an integral part of the global HR team serving staff working in the overseas network for the UK Government. The role of Regional HR Hub is to provide key HR services (recruitment, pay and reward, talent and performance management, HR enquiries, employee relations and learning & development through regional teams) to customers in the region and to provide a strategic and professional HR capability to support Regional Senior Leaders in delivery of business objectives.
The Regional Recruitment Officer will deliver recruitment campaigns for Country Based Staff working at British Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates located in the Asia Pacific Region. The jobholder will ensure effective and efficient solutions by delivering quality and timely service within the framework of the regional recruitment process. The role reports to the Recruitment Manager for the APAC region.
Manage full cycle recruitment campaigns for a wide range of positions in Asia Pacific, deliver professional services and outputs in line with agreed standards, SLAs, KPIs and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) recruitment model. Enforce the standardised process, while balancing the execution with a service-oriented perspective.
- Provide professional recruitment support and advice for hiring managers through all stages of the process.
- Partner with stakeholders to have a thorough understanding of recruitment needs and customisation required for a successful recruitment campaign.
- Provide guidance on FCDO’s recruitment policy and share best practice across different countries in the APAC region.
- Meet agreed SLAs.
- Provide back up support for fellow recruitment officers.
- Ensure correct approvals are in place for audit purposes.
- Arrange and conduct briefing calls with hiring managers and/or corporate services teams to align all details and expectations regarding the process and understand vacancy requirements.
- Discuss and commit with process timelines.
- Provide the necessary guidance and advice on the next steps to be taken.
- Draft the job advert based on information provided by the Hiring manager as well as checking information stated in the Recruiter’s Guide, salary scales and/or in the Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Liaise with Post job advertisement on social media if necessary.
- Launch the campaign by advertising on FCDO Local Posts and other recruitment channels.
- Provide weekly updates to hiring managers and corporate services teams.
- Receive and shortlist suitable candidates, based on job advert and sifting criteria previously agreed with the hiring manager.
- Provide a shortlist within agreed SLA.
- Manage interview scheduling with the Hiring Manager.
- Support hiring managers at interview stage by inviting shortlisted candidates to an interview/assessment, gathering candidates’ timeslots preferences and sending the final interview schedule, along with useful templates (individual interview forms and summary report).
- Provide guidance and support if any doubt arises regarding the interviewing process.
- Ensure the Summary Report is completed and submitted by the hiring manager.
- Send out notifications to unsuccessful candidates.
- Send out the notification (provisional Job Offer) to the successful candidate.
- Give support to security clearance procedure as needed.
- Conduct professional references checks.
- Prepare Letter of Appointment and upon successful security clearance.
- Liaise with Corporate Services team to ensure that all paperwork and support provided by the Hub is updated so the successful candidate can start.
- Conduct the initial stage of induction by sending Hiring Manager's Induction Pack.
- Fill in the “Prism Set Up form” template with all the necessary information about the position to send to HR Direct for Prism entry.
- Support new hire on boarding by sending a welcome message with useful information and mandatory e-learnings, as well as a regional induction pack.
Administrative work (20%)
- Manage mailboxes, shared folders and all recruitment tools in accordance to agreed record management guidelines, to ensure that records are kept accurate and capture critical information about the campaign.
- Ensure resilience within the team by keeping assigned post recruiter guides up-to-date.
- Regularly review and recommend improvements to recruitment processes, systems/tools and forms used to continually ensure that these remain efficient, add value and are relevant to the business needs.
- Ensure candidate information in the recruitment software is updated in order to provide accurate recruitment data for the Monthly Post Reports and other ad hoc reports requested.
- Collaborate with other HR hub strands on team activities and initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in recruitment in a shared service or multinational organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, results driven and customer service oriented.
- Keenly aware of customer requirements and how to drive customer satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as organizational skills
- High detail-orientation, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with people at all levels in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential employee issues/information and interact with employees in a professional and sensitive manner at all times.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience in using applicant tracking systems
- Language: English
- Level of language required : Proficient in verbal & written English
- Recruitment experience in Asia Pacific countries
- Experience of working in an international organisation and/or public sector
- Experience in headhunting and sourcing candidates
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.