View Vacancy - Business Development Executive & Office Manager- B3, New Delhi
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Please note that due to Covid-19 outbreak, the start date of employment mentioned in the advert is tentative, subject to normal business of British High Commission. All recruitment campaigns will remain open for applications, we will progress the recruitment process as swiftly as possible and continue to review all applications, monitor progress and developments. We will be in touch with you for the interviews/ should there be further updates on the application, however given the circumstances, kindly expect some delay in response and please reach out to SAAD.Recruit@fcdo.gov.uk, if you have any further questions.
Main purpose of job:
To support the objectives of the British High Commission UK Defence and Security Exports (UKDSE) team through developing the offer of the UK-India Business Council (UKIBC) in the Defence and Security space, and ensuring the smooth running of the DSE office.
The successful applicant will split their time between supporting the emerging UKIBC Aerospace & Defence Industry Group (ADIG) and working directly within the UKDSE team. As a new and exciting aspect of the role, working with the ADIG will require professional flexibility and the ability to work across multiple workstreams at once. Alongside the ADIG, the applicant will work closely with the Head of UK DSE (India) and the Second Secretary DSE (the Line Manager), along with our regional Senior Trade Advisers in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. The role is critical for our small, busy and friendly team to function and to deliver our objectives. The jobholder must be a team player with good interpersonal skills in order to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders from Government of India, the hospitality sector, British business and HMG VIPs.
This busy but rewarding job means that the jobholder should be well organised, able to act on their own initiative with minimum supervision and to deal calmly and efficiently with competing priorities with, at times, short deadlines. This role requires some flexibility as on occasions working or travelling outside office hours will be necessary in support of UKDSE events and exhibitions. UKDSE is committed to ensuring the right work-life balance for our staff so flexi time / time off in lieu will be available.
Roles and responsibilities:
Administrative Support / Business Development for the UK-India Business Council (UKIBC) (60%)
- Support the timely and effective delivery of UKIBC’s Aerospace & Defence Industry Group activities and goals.
- On the administrative side, this may include: scheduling and producing agenda notes and minutes for ADIG meetings; liaising with internal and speakers or participants; regular communications with ADIG member companies; maintaining a roadmap of ADIG activities and milestones; coordinating between external and internal partners for production of ADIG publications
- On the membership side, this may include: helping identify and communicate with UK companies to become members of the ADIG; maintaining a real-time pipeline of target companies; and, account management of prospective and current members while maintaining up to date information and contact details.
- As a member of the ADIG Steering Committee, act as a bridge between UKIBC and the UKDSE team within the British High Commission, ensuring sharing of knowledge and opportunities in both directions.
Office Management for UK Defence & Security Exports (DSE) – India team (20%):
- Be a point of contact for general enquiries both from within India and from the UK.
- Office administration including preparing and sending official communication to the Government of India; booking meeting rooms and notifying security of guests’ details; keeping the UK DSE Microsoft Teams folder up to date; organise leave planning; manage the team’s master contacts database and event calendar ensuring DSE participation at important events throughout the year.
- Book travel and accommodation for DSE office and VIP visitors as required, and build productive working relationships with key hospitality suppliers both in India and the UK.
- Other ad-hoc tasks, including event support during UKDSE busy calendar of events.
Commercial-focussed work within UKDSE (20%)
- Depending on the workload required by the previous sections, this may include helping the UKDSE team with the ongoing Access UK Defence Programme, and supporting potential Overseas Direct Investment work within the wider Department for International Trade (DIT) team at the British High Commission. These will require an ability to build productive working relationships across the wider DIT team and with external contacts in the UK, while understanding the constraints and requirements of the UK’s offer.
What we do
Trade and investment is one of the British High Commissioner’s top priorities. UK Defence and Security Exports is part of the Department for International Trade. We are responsible for:
· helping UK defence and security industries export their products
· maintaining relationships with the Government of India to promote British defence and security products
· working with MOD and industry to ensure defence and security products have export potential
· providing UK defence and security companies with specialist support to sell their goods
The team is supported by cadres of defence and security specialists who provide first hand advice on defence and security capabilities.
The purpose of UKIBC’s ADIG is to enhance UK-India strategic cooperation, drive improvements and efficiency in India’s defence acquisition process and to foster longer term technology and hardware transfers between the UK and India
UKIBC provides a voice for UK business in India, helping the Government of India achieve a better understanding of our collective interests and corporate UK’s contribution in India.
EDUCATION: A degree or equivalent qualification, or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and skill /experience
EXPERIENCE: 3 years relevant experience of working in an office environment.
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be INR 67,767per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Super Annuation Fund.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best
’Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 24th May 2021 (latest by 23:55 hours IST).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Please note - Provident Fund Transfer in and out from EPFO is not possible as BHC PF is managed by a private PF trust governed by Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. The staff still has the option to transfer out and in from a privately held PF trust which are not governed by EPFO.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.