View Vacancy - Internal communications Interpreter-Translator (RUS23.611)
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Internal communications Interpreter-Translator
The jobholder will provide high quality interpretation and translation services for the British Embassy in Moscow.
This includes translation of official correspondence, government statements, speeches, video scripts, and other materials. The job holder will be required to interpret at external and internal events, including VIP visits, negotiations, diplomatic meetings, staff meetings, and other occasions.
The role will also involve working in close contact with external translation and interpretation agencies and ensuring they are providing a quality service.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Accompany senior diplomats (including the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission) on external meetings, providing interpretation from Russian to English and English to Russian.
• Provide simultaneous / consecutive interpretation during formal events at different venues including the Ambassador’s Residence for external and internal audiences.
• Translate speeches and messages for senior diplomats (including the Ambassador and DHM) and assist them with pronunciation and other questions concerning Russian linguistics.
• Provide accurate and timely translation of official documents including statements, correspondence between the British and Russian governments, and legal agreements.
• Publish official translations on GOV.UK.
• Support the colleagues in Communication Team to ensure accurate translation of digital content, social media publications and other public communications.
• Support colleagues in other sections including Post Security Officer, Corporate Services, and Facilities Management Services in translation of internal documents including contracts and technical documentation.
• Manage relationship with external subcontractors (translation / interpretation agencies), outsource requests and deal with their contracts and payments as necessary.
• Perform other duties deemed operationally necessary by Deputy / Head of Section.
• Make a positive contribution to a positive and healthy workplace, as a member of British Embassy Moscow.
- Fluent English (C1 oral and written) and Russian (C2 oral and written);
- Experience interpreting in formal environments, ideally in technical legal, diplomatic or business;
- Experience translating formal documents, from English to Russian and vice versa.
- Experience in simultaneous interpretation;
- Previous relevant work experience in a diplomatic mission.
This is a 5 years contract and full-time contract, 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 90,779 gross, AO level, paid 13 times a year.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
Your employment contract will be with the Federal State Unitary Enterprise “Main Production and Commercial Department for the Service of the Diplomatic Corps under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation”. Represented by company “Inpredkadry” GlavUpDK.
All services for this job role will be at the offices of the British Embassy Moscow located at 10 Smolenskaya Naberezhnaya, Moscow.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed
This opportunity is closed to applications.