View Vacancy - Chevening Programme Manager
To lead on all aspects of delivering the prestigious Chevening Scholarship Programme in Brazil – including
Roles and responsibilities
To lead on all aspects of delivering the prestigious Chevening Scholarship Programme in Brazil including making recommendations and suggestions of strengthening the knowledge of the programme within Brazil
• Recruitment and selection: design and implement national marketing and outreach strategies to attract top level applicants, deliver an annual interview process in cities across Brazil involving Embassy and Consulate staff, liaise with the Chevening Secretariat in London to sift and select candidates, organise departure and reception events for scholars across Brazil.
• Chevening partnerships: Maintain existing important partnerships with regular reporting and communication, identify potential future sponsors in Brazil to deliver co-funded scholarships, negotiate and deliver partnership MOU contracts.
• Chevening alumni network: manage important relationships and communications with over 2,000 former scholars, reaching out to alumni with whom we have lost contact, facilitate online and in person events across Brazil to consolidate and build the network, and identify opportunities for alumni engagement with the wider Embassy network.
• Promote UK in Brazil: maintain strategic awareness of UK priorities in Brazil, work with teams and senior leadership across the Embassy and Consulates to identify how they can engage with Chevening, and identify opportunities to promote Chevening through network events;
• Lead on the coordination of the International Leaders Programme & UK Honours Committee in Brazil.
• Best practice: contribute to development of regional and global Chevening networks, learn from other countries and identify areas for collaboration.
• University degree or equivalent, plus significant work experience in related area (e.g. international relations, politics, higher education, scholarships, communications);
• Demonstrable leadership skills: to represent HMG and Chevening in Brazil, to lead the Chevening team in the Brazil Network, and to engage on corporate leadership initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work well with a diverse range of people, across different cities, regions and countries and knows how to build and develop effective networks;
• Excellent communication skills: including social media and creative techniques to reach different audiences; an ability to deliver presentations in English and Portuguese to large audiences; confident in interacting with senior stakeholders and journalists
• Delivery focused: a proactive self-starter with the ability to manage financial and human resources to ensure timely and high quality service
• IT confidence: including database management
• Strong strategic awareness: able to understand priorities of the Embassy and UK Government and actively contribute to them
This opportunity is closed to applications.