View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer (KOS19.553)
The British Embassy in Pristina, Kosovo, is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a full-time Corporate Services Officer.
The Corporate Services Section (CSS) manages post’s human, financial and material resources in accordance with FCO guidance and policies. The Corporate Services Section is also responsible for providing support to both UK-based and Local Staff to enable them to carry out their work as effectively as possible.
This role involves providing essential office support functions to enable the embassy to operate lawfully and effectively. This is an exciting and challenging role, and the successful candidate will be working in a fast-moving team environment where time critical actions are crucial to success.
The successful candidate will be well organised and have a strong customer focus as well as be able to lend a listening ear. As part of a small team, communication and willingness to help others are crucial. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a supportive team in an international environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Follow developments and gather information from wide range of sources to report on Human Resources (HR) updates issues including local labour law of Republic of Kosovo, Foreign and Commonwealth Office policies, and other wider updates and/or issues as and when required. Information must be accurate, timely and mindful to UK objectives and Kosovo legal framework;
• Build relationships with Corporate Services Section’s relevant institutions and liaise with senior officials from all levels of government and institutions;
• Conduct office administration duties under the supervision of the Head of Corporate Services. Duties include Corporate Services Section record management, Embassy HR management, maintaining office accounts, taking minutes, planning travel, visits and organising events. Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and written processes with minimal supervision;
• In close cooperation with the Head of Corporate Services, take lead in delivering on HR and Learning and Development work-streams. Master relevant UK and Kosovan policies, advice on quality and effectiveness of the existing Embassy policies, produce improvement business cases and coordinate policy update and delivery;
• Coordinate and work closely with team members and wider Embassy colleagues responsible for HR, finance, security, transport, health and safety, and logistics, reporting mechanisms and communications;
• Maintain existing Corporate Services Section’s projects as required, including monitoring and evaluating their impact, monitoring budgets to ensure value for money and producing narrative reports to deadlines;
• Cover for HM Ambassador’s Executive Assistant during periods of absence.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Albanian languages;
• University degree (preferably in Human Resources, Finance and/or Accounting);
• Minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience in Human Resources Administration, Office Management and/or Finance;
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work independently as well as communicate with the team and a broader office platform;
• Problem solving and ability to think through the next steps to make a positive change;
• IT proficiency and ability to work across multiple platforms and experience with an Oracle package or similar online database as well as Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Power Point);
• Ability to process and understand large amounts of data and information, turning into concise and accurate reports;
• Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels and communicating with wide variety of people;
• Ability to respect the confidentiality of work issues and understands the personal and professional consequences of lapses in security;
• Demonstrable analytical skills, the ability to make sense of complex information;
• Resilience, and the ability to work under pressure;
• Constructive, positive and service orientated attitude.
• Previous relevant experience of working with international organisations;
• Budget management experience;
• Knowledge of one other Kosovo language would be an asset (Serbian).
This is a fixed term contract of 1 year with the possibility of extension, for a full-time position of 5 working days and 36 net hours per week.
The annual salary for this position is 14,835 EUR minimum gross, payable 12 times a year. The annual leave entitlement is 20 days per year pro rata and the Embassy enjoys an average of 14 public holidays per year.
The Embassy operates a system of flexible working hours. The job holder may be required to travel within and outside of Kosovo. Some work (including travel) will be required during the evenings and occasionally weekends, for which time off in lieu or overtime (where applicable) will be given.
The successful candidate is required to start as soon as possible, and will need to achieve a level of security vetting applicable to the role. Candidates that are not able to do so will not be able to take up the post.
Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Pristina are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kosovo, as interpreted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: E.g., certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework.
The British Embassy will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.