View Vacancy - Administrative and Corporate Services IT Internship, Bogota
Main purpose of job:
The British Embassy in Colombia is looking for an intern to provide general support to the Corporate Services Team focussing on technology. The successful candidate will work as a key member of the team working hand-in-hand with the Local IT team and the helpdesk based in the UK. Applicants must be students in their final semesters in the fields of Administration, Systems Engineer or similar.
A high level of problem solving, troubleshooting skills and excellent customer service are required for this position.
The internship’s minimum time is 6 months
Roles and responsibilities:
- Customer service: Support and troubleshoot all staff with admin, corporate and IT issues.
- Support IT equipment and connectivity: When machinery and network presents faults report issues via ticket or escalate with Help Desk service.
- MS Excel and MS Word knowledge: Contribute with inventory handling and updating processes for IT equipment and mobile services at post.
- Be responsive, creative and offer a good communication skills and strong customer service. Well organised and committed to the job. Works well under pressure and against deadlines, and able to deal effectively with stressful and difficult situations.
- Excellent time management skills.
Essential on arrival:
- Excellent organisational skills; attention to detail; resilience – the ability to work under pressure; strong team player.
- Excellent communications skills, responsible and committed.
- Currently enrolled in the last semesters of university degree in Administration, IT or similars.
- Available full-time and able to work sporadically on nights and weekends when maintenance or urgent works requires it.
- Social and able to interact and collaborate with different teams.
- Works well under pressure and against deadlines, able to deal effectively with stressful and difficult situations
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Spanish.
Language: Spanish and English
Level of language required: Spanish (native), English (A2-B2) under international certification
Must have the legal status to live and work in Colombia.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Teams, Outlook and related programmes)
- Knowledge of virtual connectivity programmes and Internet connection at home (if working from home required on some occasions)
Mondays to Thursdays 08:30 to 17:00
Fridays 08:30 to 13:30
On specific occasions (IT maintenances or urgent IT works), candidate might be require to work on flexible hours.
Full time position. Overtime work may be required on specific occasions.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Basic IT knowledge (Office, Internet)
- Customer service
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
If during the reserve period of 6-12 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.