View Vacancy - IQB - Technical Works Supervisor (AO)
The British Embassy Baghdad has a vacancy for Technical Works Supervisor, job grade Administrative Officer (AO) for the Technical Works Group (TWG).
The ideal candidate will have a background in electrical engineering. This role involves overseeing electrical maintenance, including generators and fire alarm systems, conducting site inspections, and efficiently managing a team of tradesmen to ensure timely completion of preventive and reactive maintenance tasks. A key component of this role is the effective line management of the Electrical Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead TWG teams, with particular focus on the Electrical team, in the maintenance and repair of generators, electrical systems, and fire alarm systems.
- Perform effective line management, including staff development, performance reviews, and addressing personnel issues.
- Conduct regular site inspections to identify necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Complete preventive and reactive maintenance tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of all electrical systems.
- Allocate work requests to Tradesmen, ensuring efficient task distribution and workforce management.
- Develop strategies for better maintenance and upkeep of the site.
- Ensure timely completion of maintenance and repair work, managing deadlines and schedules.
- Manage and maintain equipment allocated to the team.
- Support the Lead Supervisor in various tasks and projects.
- Undertake repairs and general maintenance tasks as required.
- Uphold safety standards and ensure compliance with Embassy protocols.
- Undertake all other duties as requested by Management.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required.
Key behaviours required:
- Seeing the Big Picture - Understand how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives. Recognise the wider Civil Service priorities and ensure work is in the national interest.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as:
- We can obtain the appropriate level of local and UK security clearance for you; and
- You have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Iraq. Candidate's residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility – the Embassy does not provide residence or work permits. If you have any questions about residency and/ or visa requirements, you should contact the relevant Iraqi Government Ministry.
- Proven experience in electrical maintenance, especially in generators and fire alarm systems.
- Familiarity with safety standards and regulations, and application of relevant practices and controls.
- Strong leadership and line management skills, with experience in managing a team and the ability to deliver at pace to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational ability with a proven track record of delivery to high standard and tight deadlines. Ability to manage, plan and prioritise tasks and workload. Flexible, resilient, decisive and calm under pressure.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and strong decision-making skills. Ability to drive delivery of outcomes and overcome obstacles especially when working with and through others.
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to colleagues and stakeholders. Ability to engage at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration when dealing with all stakeholders. Discretion in handling sensitive matters.
- Fluent communication skills in English and Arabic, spoken and written. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely both orally and in written communication.
- Strong IT skills and literacy in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Holds a recognised health and safety qualification, such as NEBOSH or equivalent.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including up to 20 days of annual leave (calculated pro-rata).
The role grade is Administrative Officer (AO), with a base salary of US$ 1,724 per month. This base salary is paid 13 times a year. In addition, there is a security allowance of US$300 per month payable as part of this package. The allowance is subject to review and may be altered or withdrawn at any time. No accommodation nor relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
This position is for a full-time employment on a permanent contract basis. Employment is also subject to a 90-day probationary period.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Normal working hours are from 08:00 to 16:00 on Sundays to Wednesdays and from 08:00-14:00 on Thursdays. The jobholder should be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will also be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours (evenings/ weekends).
There may be flexibility for starting and leaving times as long as conditioned hours are completed. This will be considered based on operational requirements and in agreement with the line manager, and in line with FCDO and Embassy policies.
The Embassy encourages a culture of continuous learning. Training will be given in the role. All employees have access to the Civil Service Learning platform, which gives access to training to improve job specific skills. Employees are entitled to a minimum number of annual training days.
Interested candidates must include to their online application form
1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV);
2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and
3) specific examples in the relevant sections of the online application form of how you meet the key behaviours and skills required.
Applications that do not include these this information will not be considered.
All applications must be received before 23:55 Iraq local time on 29 November 2023.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful at interview may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of six (6) months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The start date mentioned in the advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around 2-3 months. The security clearance process includes checks available in country and in the UK, dependant on the security level required for the role and the candidates profile and UK footprint. You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign, and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy Baghdad is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.