View Vacancy - Accommodation and Furnishing Officer, Grade - AO, Karachi
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Main purpose of job:
To support Corporate Services team in managing the accommodation and hotel house upkeep. Support Visits Team in arranging booking for hotel house. To supervise cleaning and janitorial team daily routine tasks. Maintain cleaning material and hotel house breakfast items inventory.
Accommodation and Furnishing Officer Responsibilities:
- Ensure all BDHC properties are prepared/maintained/refurbished as per FCDO standard by working closely with TWG team. Update house inventory for all houses before any staff arrivals/departures including house hotels. Arrange accommodation for all visitors including the provision of daily breakfast stock in the hotel house and provide clean house and bedding as per FCDO standard. Support TWG on post maintenance and fumigation plan. 20%
- Forecasting annual budget based on the furniture/furnishings roll out programme and reviewing it on a regular basis. Monitoring monthly budget spent on various activities which includes timely invoicing of purchases and services. Updating finance team on the budget forecast/spent and any associated deviation. Periodically reviewing furniture/furnishing stock in hand and planning further purchase to replenish the short falls. Planning regular auctions for old and surplus stock (e-auction or through sealed bid process). 20%
- Procure cleaning material for TWG, Transport, CP Team and BDHC house hotel, on monthly basis. Arrange monthly payments of utilities. Procure other white goods, electronic equipment for residence, staff uniforms, furniture, etc. on annual basis. 20%
- Working closely and providing cover for Corporate Services – Residence and Event Officer in managing events including inhouse or outsourced. Provide back up support to Head of transport during his absence in managing and responding to emails. 10%
- Manage BDHC cleaning contract for the office and whole compound. Conduct weekly and monthly meeting with the Supplier to discuss key issues and challenges and agree on KPI score as per performance on monthly basis. To ensure monthly payment for the supplier is completed after checking monthly cleaning material list and compare with their invoice. 10%
- To develop and update Visitor Welcome Pack at each hotel house including visitor accommodation sheet. Manage the work requests for the procurement of hard and soft furniture by UKB staff and other occupants. Update all required information of staff arrivals and departure on PYRAMID or on similar portal. Also, to carry out post verifications on PYRAMID for relevant compliance requirements. 10%
- To manage four S3 General Helper staff and provide support on day-to-day activities/ work request. Any work assigned by Line Manager/ Head of Section 10%
Essential on arrival:
- Fluent written and spoken English and Urdu and able to interpret between English and Urdu fluently where required and ability to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely to a wider audience.
- Good oral and written communication skills and proven stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team and be adaptable to the working environment.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Office management and financial management skills and a strong customer focus and ability to deliver quality service. Able to organise and prioritise workload and meet deadlines and changing priorities whilst maintaining close attention to detail and without compromising the quality of the work.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams).
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Language: English and Urdu
Level of language required: Fluent in both English and Urdu
Desirable: Ability to draft formal communications to stakeholders
For BHC candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than BHC candidates the basic salary will be PKR 131,598 per month. This salary is non-negotiable.
'Please note that the current salaries are being dollarized and processed in USD (using a fixed corporate exchange rate from November 2022) to provide cushion against the current external market conditions. This is a temporary measure and is subject to review at regular intervals. The payroll will revert to local currency processing once the external market conditions are normalised.
This post is suitable for flexible working in addition to the normal working hours and may be required to stay overnight if on field visit. In that case he/she will have to work outside the normal working hours and stay overnights which benefits from a shift disturbance allowance, overtime/TOIL claim as per rules.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
"Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’’
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 03rd December 2023 (latest by 23:55 hours PST).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no telephone enquires will be dealt with. Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.