View Vacancy - Corporate Services and HR Intern - British Embassy Bogotá
Main purpose of job:
The British Embassy in Colombia is looking for an Intern to provide general support to the Corporate Services Team focussing on Human Resources. The successful candidate will be able to work as a key member of the team working hand-in-hand with the Local HR Team and the Regional HR Hub based in Washington D.C. Applicants must be students in their final semesters in the fields of Administration, Psychology, HHRR or similar. Excellent skills in oral and written both English – Spanish are required. Also desirable is knowledge of the social security system and workplace health and safety. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working for one of Colombia's key diplomatic missions.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide support for administrative procedures regarding activities related to local and regional recruitment and on boarding/induction documents and processes for new staff, liaising closely with the regional HR Hub in Washington.
- Support with administrative records and tasks in protocol & Logistic matters.
- Provide assistance with the Social Security affiliations for the British Embassy Local Staff and resolve issues associated with health entities (EPS), pension funds, labour risk administrator (ARL) and benefits representatives /entity (CCF).
- Provide support for administrative procedures regarding activities related end of contracts and departure documents, liaising closely with the regional HR Hub in Washington.
- Organize events and meetings.
- Update databases, E-files, SharePoint, spreadsheets and personal records.
- Provide support in the implementation of Management System for Health and Safety at Work “SG-SST”.
- Coordinate on weekly basis the active pauses for all staff in liaison with ARL Representative.
- Coordinate mandatory ARL induction for new joiners along with ARL Representative.
- Conduct epidemiological sieges, for Health & Safety at Work “SG-SST”, for biosecurity proposes.
- Administrative tasks, handling telephone calls, preparation of letters and certificates and other documents related to Human Resources or the work of the Corporate Services Team more generally.
- Provide support on diplomatic mail dispatch – DB.
- Demonstrate a willingness to help other parts of the Corporate Services Team as necessary.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in their final year/semester of university studies in a relevant field.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet).
- Excellent written and spoken English (Good working Knowledge B1-C2 level – CEF).
- Excellent customer service.
- Capacity to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and working as part of a team.
- Ability to carry out administrative tasks.
- Legal status to live and work in Colombia in your own right, from time of application.
- Knowledge of Colombian Labour Law.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at work SG-SST.
- Experience in HHRR.
- Knowledge in filing of documents.
- Working experience with external suppliers.
Learning and development opportunities:
- FCDO Learning and development trainings and courses.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, e.g. some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
If during the reserve period of 6-12 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
Working patterns: Requests for flexible working can be arranged with the line manager. Please note that this role requires regular weekly in-person attendance, with the option to work remotely up to two days a week.