View Vacancy - Consular Contact Centre Operations Team Manager (ESP21.156)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Consulate in Malaga is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a permanent, full-time Consular Contact Centre Operations Team Manager.
Main purpose of job:
This is an exciting role at the FCDO Consular Contact Centre (CCC) operation, working on varied, fast-paced issues. The successful candidate will be a key part of our friendly team, based at our contact centre site in Malaga and working across the global network of British consulates. This means that the job holder will be at times required to work unsociable hours to support teams in different times zones and:
- Our consular contact centres are the frontline for thousands of British nationals who need assistance whilst overseas. The Team manager role is responsible for all aspects of the Global contact centre Operations & Digital Comms Team, which filters enquiries and offers 24-hour cover for all consular posts globally, and urgent consular enquiries from the UK. The Team manager is responsible for ensuring consistency across regions and ensuring the right staff in the right place at the right time delivering the right message. Working in conjunction with the existing Operation Managers, the role will also be responsible for first line response during a crisis or incident.
- The role focuses on a quality service to our customers and the Team manager must lead a series of improvements to our service.
- Update tools used by the Global Consular Contact Centres for resource management, resilience and business as usual needs. Resolve calls and lead on carrying out UAT and other technical tests for new applications to be used by the contact centre. The jobholder will also be required to train the contact centre staff on new systems and lead the shifts. The JH will need to liaise with the wider global contact centre team to carry out these responsibilities.
- THIS POSITION INVOLVES UNSOCIAL HOURS.
Roles and responsibilities:
Workforce Planning & Reporting
- Responsibility for maintaining staff rosters to ensure cover for emergency consular assistance lines while retaining a focus on staff wellbeing, resource demands and liaising with other Contact Centre teams to ensure 24 hour staffing of the office.
- Reporting on performance ensuring KPIs for CC colleagues are produced timely.
- Reporting on trends and significant shifts in enquiry patterns across regions.
Written Enquiry Management
- Lead on the management of the social media channels owned by the CC: Ensuring that accounts (such as the Travel Advice Twitter, Facebook feeds though not only) are managed meeting the quality standards set out in the FCDO Digital strategy.
- Lead on improvements to the Contact Centre Enquiry Handling (CCEH) system (management of first contact in writing from members of the public.
- The facilitation of training sessions ensuring CC colleagues meet Key Performance Indicators in digital services.
Operational Call & Crisis Handling & Script Development
- Responsibility with the other Team Managers for managing the Consular Contact Centre’s 24-hour operation.
- Responsibility for ensuring core scripts and guidance are consistent with FCDO policy and service in line with SLA.
- Responsibility for Post Essential Information (PEI) and contact information, ensuring it is accurate and up to date. Developing our scripts and essential tools to ensure handlers are able to provide essential information for over 100 countries.
- To ensure staff are prepared and trained ready to respond to a crisis anywhere across the globe. To continually develop our tools with London to provide effective response and ensure regular crisis exercises with both post and London.
Staff Management & Development
- Joint responsibility with the other Team Managers for managing the Consular Contact Centre’s 24 hour operation, the job holder will be will be focused on the customer journey, meeting the terms of an agreed SLA with internal and external stakeholders, focusing on quality of service and the response to consular enquiries.
- Team Managers will supervise the efficient running and development of the team, providing coaching and monitoring, and 1 to 1s.
- Focus on team development and keep up to date a learning needs analysis for the team.
Customer Journey & Quality Assurance.
- To continually assess our response mechanisms and quality check daily. To provide feedback loop with consular posts and senior staff. To ensure that key KPI are achieved the job holder will be will be focused on the customer journey, meeting the terms of an agreed SLA with internal and external stakeholders, focussing on quality of service and the response to consular enquiries.
- Fluency in English (C2 level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages*), verbal and written, with excellent communications skills;
- Intermediate level of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Availability to work unsocial hours;
- Strong customer communication and service skills;
- Management and Customer Service experience;
- Good geographical knowledge;
- Desirable qualifications and experience.
- Any other language will be an advantage;
- Ability to gather and interpret customer insight/research data;
- Previous experience of working in a global delivery operation;
- Previous experience of collaborating with external suppliers and partners;
- Social media experience (including Hoot suite).
This is a permanent, full-time contract. Gross annual salary of €44,076.38 at Grade B3 ES.The working hours are 37.5 hours per week. The candidate will work on a shift-rotation basis (i.e. varying work schedule each week) from Monday – Sunday including unsociable hours. Night hours will be compensated. The candidate will need to be available to work Public Holidays. The exact working hours and shifts will be laid down by the Contact Centre in Malaga.
The successful candidate is subject to a confirmation of a background check, security clearance and the successful completion of a probationary period.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Spanish Social Security Scheme and will therefore not be entitled to any gratuity from the Embassy based on gross annual salary.
The British Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Employees are fully responsible for payment of Spanish income tax at the legally required rate. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Spain are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Spanish employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Spain and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please be advised that Consular positions at the FCDO entail dealing with casework in situations that may involve death, detention, rape, assault, post-mortems, prison visits and highly distressed customers. Candidates should therefore have a high level of resilience to trauma.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.