View Vacancy - VNM (Hanoi) - Programme Assistant - Home Office International Operations, AO
Main purpose of job:
The Home Office International Operations (HOIO) team based at the British Embassy in Ha Noi, is a dynamic operational unit supporting Home Office priorities in tackling illegal immigration and modern slavery. This includes working with airlines, supporting the UK visa process and investigating fraud when identified, developing capacity building programme with the host authorities and supporting with documenting Vietnamese nationals subject to removal from the UK.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
Support on implementing projects funded through Home Office International Operations but also through other funding streams including but not limited to Modern Slavery Fund, ODA HOIO, CSSF Fund and FCDO Bilateral Fund.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing logistic support for meetings, travel arrangements and other administration work;
- Providing financial support in line with FCDO procurement management including outlining payment plans, conducting checks on the stakeholders’ implementation processes and submitting appropriate documents;
- Identifying project issues/risks and proposing solutions
- Working closely with the Corporate Services Team to track payments and ensure precise and timely updates on spending forecasts; and producing financial reports within agreed deadlines.
- Carrying out administration tasks as requested by the Line Manager and Head of Section.
- Support corporate priorities within the team and the wider Mission where necessary
- A bachelor degree;
- At least 3 years experience of working;
- Experience of working in an international organisations / enterprises;
- Experience in using MS Office;
- Team work and networking ability.
Language: Fluent written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Experience of implementing logistic arrangements
- Experience of budget management
- Experience in collaborating with Government authorities is preferred;
- Experience of working on projects and organising events.
This position is being advertised as a 12 months fixed term position in Hanoi, with possibility of renewal.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is committed to developing its staff, working hard to provide a comprehensive L&D offer. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all the available opportunities.
The job-holder will be required to take some specific training courses related to their role. All new staff undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Visa sponsorship may be possible for non-Vietnamese nationals if meet local requirements.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Disabled and ethnic minority applicants will be invited to interviews if meeting the minimum requirement of the job.
This role will require office based work at the British Embassy in Hanoi with limited scope for remote or flexible working.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Vietnam Time) on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be assessed on the core competencies listed above. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via the system in due time.
Indicated start date is provisional and subject to successful completion of reference and security checks.
To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
Please check the application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.