View Vacancy - LB - Armed Security Officer S2
The British Embassy in Beirut has two (2) vacancies for the position of Armed Security Officer, Grade S2.
Main purpose of job:
Providing armed protection of staff, visitors, and premises at various locations as directed. It will be important to remain flexible throughout.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing armed protection of staff, visitors and premises at various locations as directed.
- Liaising closely with security staff in other Missions within the complex.
- Carrying out a physical check of visitors.
- Carrying out searches of vehicles entering the complex.
- Operating and monitoring CCTV cameras.
- Act as a member of the mobile quick reaction team.
Key behaviours required for the job:
- Making Effective Decisions: Use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice. Carefully consider alternative options, implications and risks of decisions.
- Managing a Quality Service: Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Delivering at Pace: Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Communication Skills: Good level of English and Arabic (sufficient to follow and pass on instructions).
- Ability to work as an individual and within a team.
- Must be prepared to work in shift patterns covering a 24-hour period.
- Routinely carry firearms and be able to pass regular qualification shoots and fitness tests.
Candidates will undergo and should pass the following:
- Multi-stage fitness test “bleep test” (subject to regular fitness testing).
- Pass all armed and fitness qualification shoots.
- IT skills (emails and MS Office applications)
- Basic first aid
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Lebanon. Candidate's residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Working hours and remuneration:
Conditioned working hours are 48 hours gross per week. The Embassy is committed to ensuring that you are able to maintain a suitable work-life balance. Annual leave entitlement is 20 days plus 14 public holidays (on a pro rata basis).
The successful candidates must be prepared to work in shift patterns covering 24-hour period. The Security Team works under a rotation shift patterns of 06:00 to 14:00; 14:00 to 22:00; and from 22:00 to 06:00; and depending on the duty locations, the jobholder can also be doing Monday to Thursday from 07:30 to 17:30 and Friday from 07:30 to 15:30. These shifts includes weekends, public holidays, or any other events as directed.
The Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package of US$1,722 monthly for this role, in line with local labour law, plus transport allowance. Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidates.
This position is on a full time, fixed term contract basis for six (6) months.
The successful candidates will be subject to a 90-day probationary period. The appointment is also subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role, and 3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Beirut local time) on 18 August 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications, we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/ interview will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The British Embassy Beirut is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Lebanon employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.