View Vacancy - HMRC Assistant (MNE19.528)
The British Embassy in Podgorica, Montenegro is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a full-time Assistant to support Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Project Manager. HMRC deliver activities utilising the UK’s Conflict Stability & Security Fund (CSSF).
HMRC is the UK’s tax and customs administration. HMRC is responsible for collecting tax revenue on behalf of the UK government, making sure that money is available to fund the UK’s public services and for helping families and individuals with targeted financial support.
As part of the X-Whitehall, Serious & Organised Crime CSSF Programme, HMRC identify and deliver strategically aligned capacity building activities across the Western Balkans region; Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. The main objective of the UK’s CSSF SOC Programme is to build the resilience of Western Balkans law enforcement institutions, in tackling Serious and Organised Crime, that impacts of the region and the UK.
This role involves providing essential office support functions to enable the Project Manager to operate effectively and deliver on time and within budget. This is an exciting and challenging role, and the successful candidate will be working in a small team environment where time critical actions and effective planning are often crucial to success.
Reporting to the HM Revenue & Customs CSSF Project Manager, the jobholder will play a pivotal role in organising and delivery of project activities within the Western Balkans law-enforcement community. The post is based in Podgorica, and may involve travel throughout the region.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, and a practical approach to multi-tasking and problem solving, as well as the ability to quickly grasp complex issues. They will develop an understanding of UK SOC strategic priorities and how we are working to promote them within country.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Liaison Officer in gathering relevant information from a wide range of sources; disseminating this information in an accurate and timely manner via clear and concise reports to UK colleagues or via official letters to Western Balkans Law Enforcement Agencies. Prioritising their workload against case priorities and being mindful of the relevant requirements of UK and Western Balkans legislation.
Dealing with senior officials from all levels of government in a professional manner and travel in region if required for official meetings.
Conduct office administration duties under the supervision of the HMRC Project Manager. Duties include record management, vehicle management, maintaining office accounts, planning travel, visits and organising events. Must be able to follow standard operating procedures and written processes with minimal supervision.
Searching open source material and media reporting to identify anything relevant to the HMRC Project Manager .
Maintain oversight of regional projects as required including monitoring and evaluating their impact, monitoring budgets to ensure value for money and producing narrative reports to deadlines.
Provide support to the post activities.
- Fluent oral and written in English and Montenegrin;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, including evidence of engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Project management experience;
- Advanced skills in MS products.
- Ability to manage budgets;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in dealing with senior level people;
- Constructive, positive and service orientated attitude;
- Experience of working in an area with a high level of personal responsibility and has a track record of being accountable for own actions / decisions;
- Excellent organisational skills for document and record management;
- Ability to work independently and to prioritise workloads where required;
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of work issues and understands the personal and professional consequences of lapses in security; and,
- Flexible approach to work and travel; this may occasionally include travel at short notice, working weekends and on public holidays.
- Working in similar position or previous relevant experience of working with UK Government would be an advantage; and,
- Knowledge of Albanian language.
This is a full-time, fixed term contract until 15 November 2020, with possibility of renewal by mutual agreement.
The successful appointment is subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Podgorica are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Montenegro employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.