View Vacancy - Investment Project Manager (ITA20.020)
The British Consulate-General Milan is part of a worldwide Government network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a motivated Investment Project Manager to join the Department for International Trade (DIT). DIT has overall responsibility for promoting UK trade across the world and attracting foreign investment to the UK. We are a specialised Government body with responsibility for negotiating international trade policy, supporting business, as well as delivering an outward-looking trade diplomacy strategy.
For more information about DIT please follow the link.
DIT “Diverse, Inclusive and Thriving” in Italy is a rewarding and exciting place to work, offering:
Unique and exciting roles within the Network with opportunities to travel and work overseas, engaging with high level contacts across industry, Government and civil society;
Learning experiences - accessible learning and development (L&D) opportunities for everyone, including dedicated L&D days and working groups within the wider network such as; Diversity Champions Group, Women & Girl’s Policy Group, Think Green Group are a few examples;
People Culture - good work life-balance (flexible working: remote working);
Values and Behaviours - DIT is proud of its values and behaviours, where diversity is embraced and valued;
Environment, Tools and resources - DIT works towards a dynamic and modern working environment with collaborative tools, designed to allow us doing our jobs in a flexible and more efficient way;
Reward and Recognition - our staff can be nominated for several recognition awards and bonus;
- The British Embassy and Consulate will be closed on a number of British and Italian public holidays. Holiday falling on a Sunday may be compensated with an extra day normally added to the list of public holidays.
The main purpose of this job is to promote foreign direct investment and to identify local companies preparing for UK activities (FDI).
As part of a wider Europe Regional DIT team, the job holder will report to the Head of Investment and Strategic Relationship Manager to assist with the implementation of DIT Investment strategy in Italy and with the coordination of the Investment Directorate in Head Office. The position is temporary for 1 year with a possibility to +1 year extension and will be based in Milan at the British Consulate General.
We are looking for a dynamic motivated person with excellent knowledge of Italian business context, with experience in data analysis, project management, data-driven approach. The ideal candidate should also have a business background and be capable of working in an international environment, engaging confidently with senior interlocutors.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor Italian Investment climate and economic outlook focusing on priority sectors and with the aim of generating Italian Foreign Direct Investment successes (FDI) to identify, pursue and deliver an agreed number of Value and Volume FDI Investment successes;
- Support the maintenance of the programme plan and associated project plans, on-going tracking and monitoring of project status;
- Manage project metrics and communicate significant issues;
- Support the creation of programme products such as lessons learnt reports, stage closure reports and other products as required for the associated programme management methodology;
- Identify, target and engage with decision makers with the objective of building a network of high level contacts in focus sectors;
- To keep updated on the British economic climate and policies to support the landing of investment projects in the UK;
- Work closely with other members of the Italy Inward Investment team and the wider Italy network supporting delivery of events designed to profile the UK’s inward investment offer to a carefully targeted audience;
- Corporate: Contribute to working groups within the wider FCO network such as e.g. Diversity Champions Group, Women & Girl's Policy Group, Think Green Group.
- Project management background or experience;
- Data analytics: understanding analytics and taking decisions;
- Highly-developed sales and customer relationship management skills acquired in a business environment, with a clear commitment to excellent customer service;
- Ability to work effectively and supportively with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider team;
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changing priorities showing flexibility, effectiveness and independence as being part of an international team;
- Good sense of organisation and communication;
- Excellent Italian and English language skills (written and spoken) are required (C1 level or above under the CEFRL or equivalent*);
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools.
- Formal project management qualification;
- Account management experience.
This is a full-time temporary position for an 12 months contract with possibilty of renewal, graded A2(L) according to the FCO grading structure. The monthly gross salary is Euro 2312.07. The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including € 10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year, with double salary payments in June and December. If working less than a full calendar year, the additional salary payments will be pro-rata.
Working hours are 35 hrs per week with some flexibility allowed.
The appointment is subject to security clearance and the successful completion of a 4 months probationary period.
All staff employed by the British Consulate-General are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security Scheme. Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate-General in Milan are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Italy and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Learning and Development Opportunities:
- Formal and informal Learning & Development sit at the Core of DIT's strategic vision and people plan. A particuliar focus is currently on building and enabling DIT's cross-European team and effort
- More broadly, this is an exiting role at the heart of the Government's agenda. The right candidate can help shape the dialogue between the UK and investors at a pivotal point in trade relations.
- Good learning and development offer available to staff.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.