View Vacancy - Outreach Internship (FRA20.004)
The British Embassy is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking for an intern for the Outreach team.
The intern will join the Outreach team, within a new Politics, Engagement and Public Affairs department at the Embassy, which manages the Embassy’s relations with the public, the media and political contacts.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead on particular tasks related to the Embassy’s “Les Voisins” communications campaign;
- Support the Outreach team with the coordination and organisation of events at the Embassy, including managing guest lists, external suppliers and invoicing, or logistics;
- Other tasks as necessary, including administrative or corporate support for the team.
- Communication and Events management experience or qualification;
- Proficient written and spoken English and French;
- Good knowledge of social media use;
- Familiarity with Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to work well in a team or individually;
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time internship contract with a duration of 6 months with expected start date from April 2020.
Candidates should be enrolled at a University and provide to the British Embassy the “convention of stage” document.
All appointments are subject to professional background check satisfactory security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of his/her passport or national identity card for all nationalities held, an up-to-date criminal record (casier judiciaire) for recent countries of residence (which can be obtained online at www.justice.gouv.fr/cjn/), two written proofs of address (utility invoices and/or bank statements) and two references.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in France are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local French employment law and FCO guidance for Local Staff. The posts we offer are not an entry point into the UK’s Diplomatic Service.
Your application will only be considered if you follow the guidance below:
- Your application must be sent in English only.
- Your application must clearly indicate all nationalities you hold.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.