View Vacancy - MYR - Security Guard, S2 (L)
Main purpose of job:
Security Guard is responsible for safety and security of the embassy, reporting to Security Supervisor and Post Security Manager.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Perform routine guard duties
- Conduct security checks of visitors and vehicles entering the Embassy compound
- Regularly patrol Embassy grounds, preventing the entry of unauthorised people
- Protect Embassy property from fire or theft
- Other security-related duties as directed by Security Supervisor or Security Manager
- Minimum High School education level is required
- At least 3 years work related experience in a similar organisation and/or security role
- Fluent in spoken and written Burmese
- Good command of spoken English
- Able to do shift work (07:00 - 19:00/19:00-07:00)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a team
- Active and able to work flexible working hours
The British Embassy Yangon offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, leave entitlement of 22 days per annum (calculated in pro rata).
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Yangon is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 Myanmar Standard Time on the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible subject to successful pre-employment/security checks.
This opportunity is closed to applications.