View Vacancy - Accommodation Desk Officer - Washington
Main purpose of job
Support the delivery of all accommodation services across the USA network for 1000+ civilian and military personnel.
The role is part of a flexible resource model where all team members are expected to work across team outputs (both accommodation, furniture, logistics and administration), but may also have a specialist focus on a day-to-day basis depending on business requirements(e.g. finance, warehousing).
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Support the delivery of all Embassy and MOD accommodation services for approximately 1,000 personnel posted across the United States.
- Act as the initial customer contact point for all accommodation and furniture linked enquiries ensuring the timely resolution of requests.
- Source of leased properties primarily in the Washington, DC Metro area, and support customers in self-sourcing properties in the wider Network.
- Allocate furniture to customers within the specified locations, ensuring timely delivery upon arrival and successful pick-up upon departure of personnel.
- Support personnel across the Network operating under the self-sourcing framework by providing policy and sourcing advice including lease approvals.
- Establish and manage all utility accounts for the Washington, DC Metro area.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all British Embassy furniture stock within outlined databases. Support the Furniture Manager in the minimisation of stock holdings and management of supply risk.
- Liaise with Finance Teams to arrange payments for any accommodation related expenses, ensuring payments are done within a specified time frame.
- Conduct March-Ins and March-Outs with DC Metro area based personnel supporting the Housing Manager with resolution of any landlord disputes. Manage the process for the return of security deposits.
- Arrange temporary accommodation for entitled incoming personnel ensuring a cost-effective solution.
- Place purchase orders with vendors, monitor status, requisition and receive goods and services accurately and efficiently in specified accounting systems.
- Assist the Accommodation Support Officer with the upkeep and management of all records and management information.
- Support wider Accommodation Team or cross-Embassy outputs as required.
Essential on arrival:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Access database, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have a current driver’s licence.
- Experience of working in the realtor, logistics or furniture sectors.
- Customer service experience.
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work.
*A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance.
Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with US, state, and/or local employment law.
Individuals who are not a US taxpaying citizen will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
All internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.