View Vacancy - Security Guard Supervisor
The British Embassy in Tunis currently have vacancies for Security Guard Supervisor Grade – A1 (L) to start as soon as possible.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The job requires physical presence of the Security Supervisor at all times on the ground on a set shift pattern of 2 x 12 hr day shifts, 2 x 12 hr night shifts and 4 Days Off.
The Security Supervisor will assists the Post Security Manager in the key role of keeping the Embassy buildings as well as staff members, their families, Official information, and staff properties safe and protected ensuring security is maintained at a commensurate level in which all staff comply with the security regulations and procedures.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of all Embassy security guards and posts at the Embassy and staff residences in accordance to the 'Duty Supervisor Guide' and the 'Security Guarding Assignment Instructions'
- Be the authorized representative of the Regional Overseas Security Manager and Post Security Manager in communicating new policies, procedures and other security related instructions and information to security guards.
- Ensures that all Embassy security posts and residential locations are fully staffed during their duty shift.
- Responsible for arranging timely replacement of guards who are absent or on sick, compassionate, maternity/paternity, study leave etc.
- In the case of shortage in the guard force, assign guards on the basis of TOIL, and if not possible, on an overtime basis always with the prior permission from the PSM or ROSM.
- Ensures that sick leave forms and overtime claims are completed, recorded, and submitted on time.
- Carries out supervisory patrol tours throughout each shift as directed by the Departments Management team.
- Responsible for distributing and passing to guards at the Embassy Security posts and residential locations: Official messages, information and instructions and Monthly roasters
- Reports on time any guards' unauthorised absence, failure of duty, dysfunctional equipment, and out of order physical security structure such as locks, gates , and compound lights
- Reports any violation of security regulations by Embassy staff members to the PSM and ROSM
- Ensure that daily briefings are conducted and all incoming security guards complete full Handover/Takeover of their post prior to the assumption of their duties.
- Maintain and safeguard security files, records and other related information.
- Responds swiftly to calls of UK-based staff members in the event of incidents such as vehicle accidents, intruder at residence, and aggressive encounters by being quickly on the spot and interacting with the relevant law enforcement bodies.
- Plays a pro-active role in continuously raising guards’ level of performance and professionalism through various modes of training.
- Carries out the yearly staff performance appraisal as a Reporting Officer (RO) for the number of guards assigned to him/ her as job Holder.
- Management/Supervision/Screening and Distribution of all incoming and outgoing Mail.
- Carries out any other specific security tasks as directed by either the PSM or ROSM
Key competencies required:
- Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Delivering at Pace – Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Proficiency in English, French and Arabic both written and spoken
- Full valid driving licence and good driving skills
- Two or more years of experience in a Security related environment with checkable references.
- Two or more years of supervision, management experience of small teams.
- Experience in the use of Security equipment and radio communication
- Effective and efficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Local security knowledge of Tunisia
- Knowledge of static guarding procedures and protocols
Working hours and remuneration:
The British Embassy in Tunisia offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role. Initial salary will be TND 1,607 per month while on probation. Salary after probation is TND 1,973. This is a Full-time, Fixed Term contract for 1 year (renewable).
The role is to provide Supervision 24/7 365 days of the year on an established shift pattern, currently 4 days on and 4 days off (2 x 12 hr days followed by 2 x 12 hr nights), including weekends and national holidays (where applicable).
The successful candidate will be subject to a 3-month probationary period, which might possibly be extended to another 3-month.
The appointment will also be subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
Candidate must be eligible to work and reside in Tunisia immediately.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents in English along with their online application form:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A Covering Letter
Applications that do not include these will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 02 February 2020.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of job applications the Embassy receives, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around one months.
The start date mentioned is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable security clearances.
The British Embassy Tunis is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.