View Vacancy - SRR - Customer Service Manager, Estates B3(L)
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for a Customer Service Manager for Estates for a fixed-term contract of two (2) years.
The jobholder will manage the Riyadh and Al Khobar estates whilst also supporting Jeddah to ensure compliance with FCO standards. You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the Estates, Facilities, and Technical Works teams in Riyadh to ensure the estate is fit for the current and future needs of the British Diplomatic Missions and is utilised to its full potential. You will also serve as the contract and procurement lead for all tendering provisions and Health and Safety provisions for Riyadh/ Al Khobar, and have day-to-day oversight of the Estates budget. You will also provide deputising cover for the Deputy Head of Corporate Services for the Saudi Network, covering Riyadh, Jeddah, and Al Khobar.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage residential, office properties, and facilities, both owned and rented, liaising with landlords and understanding the needs of occupants.
- Final coordination and negotiation of rents on leased properties, delivering recommendations with clear justifications to the Post Housing Committee.
- Consulting Senior Management and One HMG Partners on Estate Strategy to ensure the Estate meets the operational needs.
- Leading the Post Housing Committee (PHC), and through this committee reach decisions about how to use accommodation within the guidelines and constraints of the FCO Estates Policy.
- Manage a budget of approximately SRR 1 million per annum and maximise income generating opportunities. Provide advice on cost effectiveness and value for money analysis.
- Lead on all procurement and tendering provisions. Ownership of all purchasing/ contract delivery, ensuring actions are carried out according to the FCO procurement guidelines.
- Maintain and monitor performance of all commercial contracts through operating procedures and Contractual KPI Management, as per terms of agreement. Work closely with Jeddah on KSA Network-wide contracts and to ensure KSA-wide consistent application of policy and procedures.
- Manage gardening, cleaning, and pest control contracts and associated budgets.
- Procurement of residential and office furniture, stores management, and stock rotation.
- Approve purchases of supply, equipment, and services up to a maximum purchase value of £25,000.
- Work closely with the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to facilitate the move of departures and new arrivals of UK-based staff.
- Oversight of all planned preventive maintenance (PPM) projects/ tasks for posts, including refurbishment and new builds and schedule of works. Provide strategic leadership and focused project management.
- Work with the Technical Works Team to draw up a planned maintenance programme that ensures best use of properties and secures value for money for the office.
- Coordinate and support the Technical Works Team with schedules and other administrative tasks.
- Ownership and delivery of forward maintenance register, with oversight of and maintaining an up to date asset register.
- Deliver and communicate London-led and local Estates policies in consultation with all stakeholders.
- Work with the Deputy Head of Corporate Services to lead on all Health and Safety Policy (HSP) implementation, training, and meeting maintenance provisions in line with FCO HSP guidance, including risk management.
- Serve as Health and Safety Administrator promoting Post Health and Safety Mission Statements.
- Work in co-ordination with the Regional Overseas Security Manager (appointed Fire Safety Manager) for all Fire Safety provisions.
- Line management of 2 x Corporate Services Assistants based in Riyadh.
The above list is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key competencies required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Changing and Improving - Being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in ‘smarter’, more focused ways. Creating and contributing to a culture of innovation and allowing people to consider and take managed risks. Making use of alternative delivery models, including digital and shared service approaches, wherever possible.
- Leading and Communicating - Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. Managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity, and upholding the reputation of the organisation.
- Delivering Value for Money - Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay. Making decisions based on evidenced information and following agreed processes and policies, challenging these appropriately where they appear to prevent good value for money. Embedding a culture of value for money within the team.
- Previous relevant experience in property/ estates management.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage, plan, and prioritise tasks and workload and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Flexible, resilient under pressure, and decisive, with a proven track record of delivering results regularly within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Confident and strong communicator with high customer focus and able to tailor approach to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely to different audiences.
- Proven ability to engage and influence at all levels internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across teams.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with stakeholders.
- Strong IT computer skills and in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with UK fire safety and health and safety laws.
- Experience in using Oracle-based finance and procurement management system.
- Budget control experience.
- Previous line management experience.
- Arabic and/ or Urdu language skills.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus - SAR 8,365.41
- Housing Allowance - SAR 2,091.35 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The jobholder should also be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will also be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours (evening and weekend).
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
The position is available to Saudi nationals and to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable iqamas. Successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter to their online application form. Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (KSA local time) on 30 January 2020.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.