View Vacancy - Vice Consul and Trade & Investment Officer – Financial and Professional Services, Atlanta/Miami USA
Main purpose of job
This Trade & Investment Officer (TIO) position is responsible for delivering against High Value Campaign activity for the Financial & Professional Business Services (FPBS) Sector in the Southeast US. Based out of the British Consulate General, Atlanta and reporting to the Regional Director, the TIO will work as part of an integrated team focused on attracting, retaining and adding value to inward investors to achieve Foreign Direct Investment targets; and providing advice and support to UK companies looking to grow their US exports and / or existing operational footprint. Priority industry sub-sectors of focus include: fintech, asset management, insurance, business process outsourcing and other professional business services.
This role has geographical account management responsibilities in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Puerto Rico.
Roles and responsibilities
This role is responsible for delivering against an aggressive set of annual trade and investment targets, as well as the following duties;
- Forge strong relationships with business leaders (start-ups through to Fortune 500), the VC / finance community, trade associations, and interlocutors both in the US and UK.
- Provide a comprehensive account management service to key US prospects in the aforementioned sectors looking to set up operations in the UK; and support US companies already active in the UK market to grow their footprint.
- Successfully build and manage a pipeline of knowledge-driven projects that have the potential to bring high-value jobs and R&D to the UK.
- Develop and implement high impact, targeted marketing programs and events in conjunction with stakeholder partners to build DIT brand awareness, promote key messaging, and showcase UK competitiveness.
- Assist high-growth and innovative UK SMEs and established British businesses to develop US market entry strategies and / or grow US market share; and support established British companies in-market to address any concerns around US trade policy or market access barriers.
- Monitor market trends and contribute to US-wide, sector-focused strategic planning.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high-impact programming, including developing and hosting roundtables, seminars and trade missions, and contributing to VIP visit programs.
- Represent DIT and the British Consulate at external functions, including occasional speaking engagements.
- Proactively contribute to cross-team activities, programs and support a collaborative and transparent workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or relevant experience in a business development, solution sales or economic development field.
- Knowledge of Financial and Professional Services industries and trends in the Southeast US region.
- Experience / knowledge of the UK's investment proposition and business environment.
- Skill in building relationships and developing projects through excellent client management.
- A self-starter, able to work independently and show initiative with limited day-to-day supervision while operating as part of a wider team with shared goals and wide-ranging objectives.
- Clear motivation and personal commitment to meeting challenging targets with a demonstrable track record of achievement.
- Experience of utilising a variety of technology platforms for business development and campaign marketing purposes.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication (including presentation) skills.
- Driving license and ability to undertake air travel, including overnight stays.
- Understanding of the nuances of operating within public versus private sector operations.
- Flex hours offered around the core hours of 10am – 330pm
- One work from home day typical
This opportunity is closed to applications.