View Vacancy - HR Administrative Assistant – EAD and Visa
Main purpose of job:
Responsible for the processing of Employment Authorisation Documents, Visas and Passports for the British Defence Staff USA (BDSUS) and for the support of the BDSUS Support Group staff in supporting the HR output along three functional areas; In Country Support (Civilian), In Country Support (Military) and Healthcare and Education.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Coordination, recording and processing of Employment Authorisation Document applications from Service dependants
- Process Visa renewals for Military staff and dependants in the US
- Process military and dependant passport applications
- Recording and processing of all military births
- Maintain and update the BDSUS Oracle (Olli) database with personal information of US based military and civilian personnel, as required
- Distribute, collect and collate results of customer feedback survey for arrivals and departures of the US
- Process USA support group stationery requests
- Responsible for maintaining personnel information in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Conduct any mandatory training as required by the civil service and MOD learning policy
- Perform other related duties and tasks as required and assigned
Essential on arrival:
Relevant work experience or bachelor’s degree
Ability to work with databases and software
Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as time management skills
Ability to multi task with strong organisational skills
Ability to handle confidential employee issues/information in a friendly and sensitive manner
Must be able to work independently and as a part of team
Proficient in all MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy Network may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa, you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local American employment law.
Candidates who are not US taxpaying citizens will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status. Salary will be confirmed upon offer of employment.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.