View Vacancy - AUH - UKVI Entry Clearance Officer (EO)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has vacancies for nine (9) Entry Clearance Officers under UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). This is for a fixed-term contract for (1) one year in response to seasonal demand, with the possibility of renewal depending on performance and operational requirements.
The objective of this role is to provide high quality, efficient and non-discriminatory visa application processing, which meets the published standards and to provide all customers with a firm, fast and fair service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and resolve visa applications within agreed benchmarks. You must be able to analyse information, reach a decision quickly, and be able to justify this decision both orally and in writing. Entry Clearance Officers are expected to meet challenging daily workload targets.
- Ensure that all correspondence is considered, and reports or replies prepared within target times, in clear and concise English.
- Deal professionally with all callers to the Visa Section, whether on the telephone or in person, ensuring that people are treated fairly and responding sensitively to differences.
The above list is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key Behaviours required:
Making effective decisions: Use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice. Carefully consider alternative options, implications and risks of decisions.
Delivering at pace: Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
Working Together: Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Applicants must be able to obtain an appropriate level of UK Security Clearance and be able to obtain a valid UAE police clearance certificate. Higher clearances can be granted only to certain nationalities. For this reason, candidates must be of British, American, Australian, Canadian, or New Zealand nationality, or EU nationality in order to gain and maintain the level of clearance required.
- Applicants must be available in a full-time capacity to work on site at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi - these are not part time positions or available for remote working.
- Employment of successful candidates will only be confirmed following the successful completion of the Entry Clearance Officer training course to be held tentatively in Abu Dhabi in Jan/Feb 2024. You must be available to attend as no alternative course dates can be offered.
The ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A proven track record of working quickly and reliably with little supervision, meeting challenging targets on a daily basis.
- Capable of making quick decisions in accordance with set rules and able to show that these decisions are fair and just on all occasions.
- Excellent organisational ability, with proven ability to manage, plan, and prioritise tasks and workload. Ability to work well under pressure in a target driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Ability to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely.
- Good working knowledge of IT, including Microsoft Office applications (Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook).
Working hours and remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role which includes 25 days of leave per annum (calculated pro-rata).
Salary is at 14,520 AED per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The Embassy is open from Monday to Friday, from 07:30 to 18:00. Conditioned working hours are 35 hours per week (including breaks), and specific working hours for this role will be confirmed at a later time.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following in their online application form:
- an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role and examples of how you meet the key competencies required.
Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 17th October 2023
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two- three months. You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign, and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Successful completion of the Entry Clearance officer course is mandatory for this role. Training course will be held in Abu Dhabi tentatively in Jan/Feb 2024. You must be available to attend the training as no alternative course can be offered.
Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.