View Vacancy - DXB - Residence Assistant (S1)
The British Embassy Dubai is part of a worldwide network, representing British Political, Economic, Commercial and Consular interests overseas.
The Embassy currently has a vacancy for a dynamic, hardworking and trustworthy professional to join the Embassy as a Residence Assistant for the Consul Generals (CG) Residence on a fixed term contract for two (2) years.
The jobholder will work closely with the Events Officer and the Consul General in maintaining all aspects of the Residence, supporting official entertaining, cleaning duties and other household tasks as assigned.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and trustworthy person to join a friendly, professional and welcoming team at the British Embassy in support of diplomatic work. We are an inclusive employer and actively support equality of opportunity at work and have an excellent programme of learning and development.
If you love working as part of a team, are motivated to work in a unique and fast-paced environment and take pride in maintaining a household to a very high standard, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Clean private areas and guest suites of CG’s Residence and other areas as directed by Events officer and the CG to a consistent high standard.
- Dust and polish furniture. Vacuum and polish floors. Clean bathrooms.
- Clean silverware, antiques and works of art.
- Prepare guest bedrooms and bathrooms as required.
- Wash and iron laundry to a high standard.
- Keep linen cupboards tidy and that linen and towels are ready for guest bedroom and bathroom as required and ensure that table linen is ready for Residence functions.
Serving and waiting:
- Welcome guests
- Serve and wait at table
- Serve drinks and canapés at receptions.
- Preparing and clearing up after events.
- Help manage extra staff at events.
- Occasional preparation of food during official events.
- Keep a record of food and drink consumed at events.
- Maintain regular inventories.
- Purchase consumables for the Residence as required.
- Liaise with the Corporate Services Team to ensure maintenance support to the Residence.
- Liaise with security guards and team to ensure effective security of the Residence.
- Co-ordinate arrangements for all official visitors staying at the Residence.
- Arrange services with local suppliers such as florists and dry cleaners.
- Provide additional support to the Events Officer to ensure smooth running of the Residence.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis.
Key behaviours required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Delivering at Pace - Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- At least two (2) years of previous experience in housekeeping, preferably in an international environment.
- Able to work effectively and supportively with colleagues, both individually and in a team.
- Responsive to customer needs and able to treat others with respect and courtesy regardless of work pressures.
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly.
- Dedicated and careful.
- Able to act with discretion at all times.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to use different tools and chemicals in cleaning process, following H&S regulations.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Previous relevant working experience in an international standard hotel, diplomatic residence or equivalent
- Experience in maintaining inventories.
- Driving license.
Working hours and remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role which includes 25 days of leave per annum (calculated pro-rata).
Salary is at AED 5,279 per month. This position is a ‘live in’ position only, accommodation will be provided.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The Embassy is open from Monday to Friday, from 07:30 to 18:00. Conditioned working hours are 35 hours per week and specific working hours for this role will be confirmed at a later time.
This role will require the successful candidate to adopt a flexible approach to work and will include evening and weekend working due to the nature of the role.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following in their online application form:
- an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
- Examples in the relevant sections of the online application form of how you meet the key behaviours and skills required.
Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 16th October 2023
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two - three months. The security clearance process includes checks available in country and with UK, dependant on the security level required for the role and the candidate's profile and UK footprint. You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign, and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
Due to the large number of applications, we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
The British Embassy Dubai is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.