View Vacancy - SRR - Driver, Yemen Office Network (S1)
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for Driver for the Yemen Office Network (YON) on a fixed term contract of two (2) years.
The jobholder will be part of Transport Team, maintaining a high standard of driving skills and punctuality to ensure the safety of passengers at all times.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Main responsibility to look after operational transport requirements with flexibility in timings.
- Safely transporting staff, visitors, and delegates to and from specified locations in a timely manner. Demonstrate flexibility to be available at short notice as and when required to meet business needs.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean and car seats are tidy and comfortable for all riders.
- Assist with the loading and offloading of staff luggage, products, and materials.
- Safely transporting various office equipment and materials to and from specified locations
- Ensure vehicles are kept in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues immediately. Book car wash and detailing services to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car
- Conduct checks of first aid kit, fire extinguisher, radio set, etc., and ensure these are in working condition.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most appropriate trip.
- Use navigation apps to find the best route. Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed.
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Follow and respect all traffic rules, including using hands-free device when receiving phone calls while driving.
- Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest.
- Dress smartly at all times and especially when key delegations and VIP officials are visiting.
- Performing additional duties to support wider Transport functions as and when required.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required.
Key behaviours required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Communicating and Influencing - Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Delivering at Pace - Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
Applicants should have a clean and valid KSA driving license.
The position is available to Saudi nationals and to current holders of valid Saudi residence permits or transferable iqama. The successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
- High standard of driving skills and extensive knowledge of driving in and out Riyadh, ideally with relevant work experience (i.e., as company/ personal driver). Holds a clean and valid KSA driving license.
- Physically fit to drive safely and respond to challenging situations.
- Knowledge of Riyadh’s landmarks, streets, hotels and diplomatic quarter.
- Sound interpersonal skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with staff and other stakeholders. Able to present a professional image of self and the Embassy.
- Good in English language skills, both written and spoken. Able to understand instructions and to express ideas and messages clearly.
- Good organisational skills and flexibility to manage and prioritise tasks and remain calm under pressure.
- Team player who is also capable of working on their own initiative.
- Good IT and computer skills. Knowledge in using MS Office applications.
- Previous experience working as Driver for an Embassy/ Consulate or an international organisation.
- Knowledge of driving to other cities in Saudi Arabia.
- Arabic language skills (at least spoken).
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
Monthly salary details:
- Base Salary - SAR 4,320
- Housing Allowance - SAR 1,080 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 500 (subject to eligibility)*
- Total - SAR 5,900
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form. Spouses/ Dependents of UKBS officers working at the Embassy are not eligible to Housing or Travel Allowance.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
This position is full-time, based on 40 hours per week (8 hours per day, 5 days a week). The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and will involve working out of hours (evening/ weekend).
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must include with their online application form
1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV);
2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and
3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 23:55 KSA local time on 25 October 2023.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful at interview may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of six (6) months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
The start date mentioned in the advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months. The security clearance process includes checks available in country and in the UK, dependant on the security level required for the role and the candidates profile and UK footprint. You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign, and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.