View Vacancy - Estates officer, A2 - Mumbai
Main purpose of job:
Effective estates and residential contract, inventory and procurement management to ensure FCO policies are followed and value for money is achieved.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Ensure the residential and estates inventory and asset register is up-to-date, including the procurement and disposal of equipment and furnishings in line with FCO policy.
- Maintaining the store’s inventory and stocks at the optimum levels to meet any contingency disaster but kept to the minimum according to guidelines.
- Cleaning and refurbishment schedules of Residential properties including deep cleaning, soft furnishing, painting and polishing of floors etc.
- To liaise with contractor for repair, maintenance works in office and leased apartments and update officer/office on progress.
- Plan and assign the day to day tasks for handymen/ vendors and keep the stakeholders posted.
- Manage all documents (PPM calendar, Master task list, Invoice tracker) related to maintenance, repairs carried out at the office or leased apartments. PCA documents to be monitored and updated.
- To arrange delivery of household equipment, furniture to apartments/residence before officer moves in or as and when requested by officers
- Receive, physically check and keep records of the procured materials
- Update information on pyramid as per FCO and Estates guidelines regularly
- The ability to prioritise work effectively under pressure
- Ad hoc duties delegated by Estates manager.
- Preparing and processing of documents in line with FCO procurement policy for procurement of estates materials and projects, house packs, white goods, health and Safety items except low value GPC procurement
- To create supplier site, DS, PO in system and follow up with Manila for payment/invoice related quer
- Processing, record keeping and making arrangement of utilities payments as per the FCO guidelines for water (drinking and household use), electricity, Cooking gas.
- Ensure all invoices for residential and office procurement are accounted timely and processes as per regional procurement hub guidelines and update the invoice tracker
- Use of GPC, CCC and account transaction in Prism on regular basis.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
4 Housekeeping staff and one Handyman.
Level of language required: Good proficiency in writing and speaking in English.
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
Essential on arrival: Computer skills are a must and expected to have a very good working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
Education: Diploma in civil/electrical/mechanical engineering or 5 years experience in facilities management.
Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the field of construction or hospitality industry. Experience in Facilities management will be an added advantage.
British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary will be INR 40,462 per month plus 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation Fund.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs. 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment. This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) listed below will not be considered.
a) Complete the Online Application Form
b) Attach a detailed CV mandatorily
c) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form and the competency questions.
Internal Candidates please Note:
- While applying for this position, upload the appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) else the application will not be considered.
- Inform the line manager before applying for the position.
We will accept only online applications by “6th June 2019” midnight.
Please Note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
The work of a diplomatic mission can be unusual, and the subject matter can range across the full breadth of the UK-India partnership. The nature of communications is that you and colleagues will need to be able to flex to support other priorities outside of your immediate work areas where necessary, for example during high-profile visits.
This opportunity is closed to applications.