View Vacancy - AUH - Residence Coordinator A2(L)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for a Residence Coordinator.
The jobholder will arrange events in the Residence and other venues and line-manage the Residence Staff. They will also manage the Residence budget and be responsible for developing and maintaining the Chancery contacts database.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Events (50%)
- Liaison with the Ambassador and with colleagues regarding planning and execution of events at the Embassy.
- Lead on internal Embassy events, working with internal and external contacts, organising and coordinating requirements (including catering requirements, layout of event, staffing, etc.)
- Organise the Ambassador’s events at the Residence. This will include working outside of office hours for which overtime is paid. The jobholder will also be required to attend the events to ensure smooth running of events.
- Manage Residence diary.
- Manage guest lists and invitations.
- Seek and process feedback after events.
- Work closely with organisations, companies, and other associations which occasionally use the Residence as a venue for functions, generating revenue for the Embassy where appropriate.
- Health & Safety lead for the Residence (for which training will be provided).
– Residence (25%)
- Manage the day to day functioning of the Residence (split cross two locations) to a high standard of efficiency and professionalism, in keeping with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) guidelines on Residences.
- Manage two Residence staff (two Housekeepers), including their learning and development, appraisals, leave plans, and overtime. Ensure the Residence staff have objectives and personal development plans.
- Liaison between the guards, gardener, and other service providers.
- Manage representational budgets.
- Responsible for Residence inventories and works requests, including liaison with the Embassy’s Corporate Services Team over maintenance needs and procurement of necessary furniture and equipment.
- Maintain the Residence imprest and Residence Corporate Credit Card, accounting for all expenditure and costing each event individually.
- Produce monthly forecasts of expenditure for the Residence.
- Produce a weekly schedule for the Residence team, covering both sites.
– Support to Her Majesty’s Ambassador (HMA) and Deputy Head of Mission (DHM) (25%)
- Procurement and maintenance support - office equipment, stationery, consumables, processing requisitions and purchase orders, and other supplies and services.
- Deputise for colleagues during periods of absence.
- Participate in the Embassy emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
- Maintain Chancery contacts database.
Key competencies required:
- Leading and Communicating - Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction, and enthusiasm. Managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Creating and maintaining positive, professional, and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service.
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Delivering Value for Money - Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay. Making decisions based on evidenced information and following agreed processes and policies, challenging these appropriately where they appear to prevent good value for money.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of running small and large events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent organisational ability, with proven ability to manage, plan, and prioritise tasks and workload; and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, support others and deliver results, including in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site parking and on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 11,108 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday.
The jobholder should be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and will involve working out of hours, especially during events and visits.
Successful candidates will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with their online application form:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or in the Motivation section of the application form. Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (UAE local time) on 21 April 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a valid UK security clearance to the required level.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce, and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.