View Vacancy - SIN - DIT Singapore Marketing Manager, B3(L) (Maternity Cover)
This is an opportunity to join the DIT team in the British High Commission Singapore as the Marketing Manager for DIT Singapore. The Department for International Trade (DIT) supports UK based businesses to export globally, and encourages overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice and as a land alive with investment opportunities.
The successful candidate will lead on designing and delivering online and offline marketing and communications strategies and activities for key areas of focus for DIT Singapore, including supporting our High Value Campaigns (HVCs) in trade (Infrastructure, Technology, Financial Services and Healthcare), Inward Investment and Food and Drink portfolio under the GREAT Challenge Fund (GCF). .
You will be part of a supportive and collaborative network in the British High Commission, working closely with trade and investment colleagues in DIT and the FCO Comms team, as well as taking strategic direction from the DIT Marketing Hub in Hong Kong, and working with the London-based marketing and GREAT teams, to successfully deliver evidence-based, insight-driven marketing activity.
The purpose of the role is to bring strategic marketing direction and delivery to the DIT team in Singapore. To be successful you will need to work in partnership with colleagues across DIT and the wider post, including working closely with the FCO communications teams.
The key deliverables for this role are:
- Food is GREAT: This campaign promotes the UK’s food and drink sector. You will support the team to develop and implement strategic marketing, including developing key campaign messages, social media strategy, content and marketing collaterals for the campaign.
- Support for HVCs and Investment: DIT Singapore’s current focus areas for trade are Infrastructure, Technology and Healthcare as well as supporting and leading regional campaigns in Financial Services, Marine and Cyber. In addition DIT Singapore supports inward investment to the UK. You will support the teams to develop and implement strategic marketing, including developing key campaign messages, social media strategy, content and marketing collaterals for the campaigns. Importantly, you will evaluate successes and to identify cross cutting opportunities.
- Internal Communications: As the custodian of the DIT Calendar of Events, you will be required to update the calendar on a monthly basis with input from each team. As the calendar is shared with partners and key departments in BHC, you will be required to follow-up on questions asked and respond promptly. In addition, you are required to submit short summaries of DIT events that have taken place each month to the DIT Marketing Hub based in Hong Kong.
- Emerging priorities: Whether it’s a Ministerial visit or a new GREAT campaign activation, you will lead on or support others to deliver events, marketing and key messages around it. Existing campaign for 2019 is the Partnership for the Future (P4F).
- Developing a more strategic approach: Working within the wider strategic direction for Marketing, and with the Regional Marketing Hub, you will help DIT Singapore continue to take a more coordinated and focused approach to marketing, and shape the marketing plans for future years through the yearly business planning process which starts in December.
You’ll be expected to deliver a wide range of marketing and communications activity, from event management to development of marketing collaterals, and social media management. You are expected to work closely with FCO Communications team when media is required at DIT’s events. You’ll also need to ensure that your work is aligned closely with DIT’s overall marketing strategy-with support and guidance from colleagues in Singapore, Hong Kong and London who lead on strategy- and evaluated in line with DIT guidance. Project and budget management is also key to ensure that you deliver on time and ensure value for money.
- Demonstrable relevant professional experience that shows skills and a track record of successful delivery in a range of communications disciplines including marketing, PR, events and digital.
- A creative, can-do approach, combined with high standards for delivery and meeting deadlines.
- Strong team work and collaboration skills, including confidence in suggesting new ideas and challenging senior stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, including demonstrable experience and ability to write copy for traditional media and social media platforms including Twitter and Linkedin
- Holds or must be able to secure a working permit for Singapore
- Experience, training or qualification in digital/social media/content marketing is a definite advantage
- Experience in B2B or government services marketing
- Experience of working with marketing/PR/communications agencies
- Partnership, sponsorship and business development experience
This is a maternity cover until 10 January 2020.
Normal working hours are 37.5 per week: 8.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday.
BHC Singapore supports and promotes flexible working as a crucial part of our inclusive offering. We are happy to offer a variety of flexible working patterns, including non-standard working hours, working remotely or working compressed hours. However, due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement for occasional and limited out of hours work around events and visits. Time off in lieu can be offered for out of hours work.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. This is a locally engaged position subject to local laws and terms. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Should the successful candidate require a permit to work in Singapore, the British High Commission will apply and sponsor the appropriate pass on their behalf.
BHC Singapore offers time and financial support for the successful candidate to take advantage of professional learning and development opportunities inside and outside of the organisation.
All applications must be received before 11:55PM (Singapore Time) on 24 April 2019.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.