View Vacancy - Security Guard - S2
Main purpose of job:
Working as part of a team on a shift roaster. Security checks, including physical searches of all pedestrian and vehicle traffic and maintenance of security logs. Conducting patrolling duty both external & internal of premises and residence.
Dealing with the public directly. Operating VHF and HF radio network and CCTVs.
Emergency reaction to incidents promptly respond to incidents, suspected movements/events to be able to deter threats and challenges. Conducting appropriate operating procedures of screening packets, parcels and letters through scanner and metal detectors to properly screen visitors and bags entering the compound.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working within a team under a chain of command. Completes security procedures and protocols as per BHC security regulations. Completes other tasks as directed by sergeants, GFC and PSM and proactively seeks advice where required.
- Works within a team respecting all staff. Able to be flexible to accommodate others and assist in the development of new or weaker team members. Makes suggestions on how to enhance working environment or procedures.
- Able to communicate in English to deal with security issues involving staff visitors and members of the public.
- Able to conduct oral briefings and written reports to report incidents to relevant personnel. Has a working knowledge of IT equipment and use.
- Attends or undertakes mandatory training and e-learning. Looks to develop personal and professional knowledge and qualifications by seeking out relevant training.
- Contributing consistently to the team’s goal for maintaining the safety of BHC premises, staff, visitors, residents and properties by applying professional conduct at all times.
- To be able to promptly & professionally respond to emergencies and ensure safe environment.
Language: English, Hindi and Nepalese
Level of language required: Preferably basic level of English, Excellent in Hindi and Nepalese
Essential on arrival: Previous experience of at least 5 years in the military with a checkable service history, exemplary service discharge and medically fit (SHAPE-1)
Desirable: Training will be provided on technical issues and post specific security issues once appointed.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary will be INR 20,954 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation Fund.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with INR 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance. Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
a) Complete the Online Application Form
b) Attach a detailed CV
c) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers. Else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by “24th April'19” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.