View Vacancy - SIN - Executive Assistant to the Defence Adviser, A2(L)
Acting as Executive Assistant to the Defence Adviser, providing office support, managing his diary and administrative support for International Defence Training courses and other Defence Engagement responsibilities.
Executive Assistant duties:
- Dealing effectively with all correspondence (telephone, email and post)
- Manage Defence Adviser diary including arranging external/internal meetings and associated travel
- Maintenance and management of Defence Section files and records
Administration of Training:
- Liaison with the Singapore Armed Forces and UK International Defence Training (IDT) agencies to assist promotion of UK military training programmes
- Maintenance of a database of training records
- Administer travel arrangements and course documentation for all IDT students
Defence Section Administration and Support Responsibilities will include:
- VIP defence visitors, including visit programmes and management for Defence Engagement events
- British High Commission Defence Section representational functions/events
- Representation on various High Commission committees, contributing actively to the corporate life of the High Commission
- Relevant experience as a Executive Assistant or a similar executive administration role.
- Proven record of delivering results, including excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to organise and prioritise a heavy workload.
- Initiative to problem solve, raise matters of concern and seek guidance where necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web applications.
Due to the security clearance level required for this position, this vacancy is open only to the following:
- UK, US, Canadian, Australia and New Zealand nationals
BHC Singapore offers time and financial support for the successful candidate to take advantage of professional learning and development opportunities inside and outside of the organisation.
The British High Commission Singapore supports and promotes flexible working. The standard working hours for the BHC are 8:30am to 5:00. We are happy to offer a variety of flexible working patterns, including non-standard working hours, working remotely or working compressed hours.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. This is a locally engaged position subject to local laws and terms. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Should the successful candidate require a permit to work in Singapore, the British High Commission will apply and sponsor the appropriate pass on their behalf.
All applications must be received before 11:55PM (Singapore Time) on 29 April 2019.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.