View Vacancy - AUH - DIT Events, Visits, Marketing and Communications Administrative Support Officer A2(L)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for an Events, Visits, Marketing and Communications Administrative Support Officer under the Department for International Trade (DIT).
DIT is the UK government’s lead department for international trade and supports foreign investment into the United Kingdom. The jobholder will support the DIT Officer tasked with delivering events, visits, marketing and communications for the DIT teams in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The jobholder will also provide administrative support to the Deputy Director of DIT in Dubai, Head of Investment based in Dubai, and Head of DIT in Abu Dhabi.
DIT Sector Leads run a number of events throughout the year, from round-table meetings, networking receptions, meet-the-buyer sessions and senior level dinners. This role will involve supporting the Lead Officer working on the logistics of these events (often with the main Embassy Events Officer if they are in the Embassy) and with other stakeholders when held off site, e.g., with hotels, external venues such as World Trade Centre, etc. The role means working closely with the Sector Leads in understanding their requirements and then running with the logistics of the events, from booking and paying for rooms/ catering to sending out invitations, managing RSVPs, and promoting the events. Events could be from five up to 500 guests.
The UAE DIT Team hosts a number of high level visitors ranging from senior DIT officials through to Ministers and members of the Royal Family. This role will support the DIT Visits Officer and will be integral in organising these visits with the Director and Deputy Director of DIT, Sector Leads, and the Regional Trade Commissioners Office. Tasks will include arranging translations of Diplomatic Notes, processing them internally, compiling transport plans, booking restaurants, hotels, venues for visitors.
Marketing and communications
The jobholder will assist in ensuring the whole of Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) in the UAE – including but not limited to Embassies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (particularly the Press Team), VisitBritain, British Council, and Devolved Administrations – are aware of DIT’s activities in market, including visits and events. They will ensure that key internal stakeholders are kept up-to-date on DIT’s work and build relationships with interlocutors.
The jobholder will also work as deputy lead on UAE DIT’s GREAT Campaign, assisting in promoting GREAT at all DIT events in market, ensuring visuals are on brand and collating monthly returns for HQ/ Regional Marketing Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivery of DIT UAE’s events, working with the relevant Sector Lead, Embassy Events Officer, and key stakeholders
- DIT UAE hold a number of events in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (occasionally the Northern Emirates) at the respective Embassies and in other locations. These events can range from breakfast briefings to large scale evening receptions. The jobholder will support the DIT Events Officer, including helping to organise all logistics, guest lists, and RSVPs, and often working alongside internal and external stakeholders.
- The role also means working closely with the Sector Leads in understanding their requirements and then helping with the running with the logistics of the events, from booking and paying for rooms/ catering to sending out invitations, managing RSVPs, and promoting the events. Events could be from five up to 500 guests.
- Assist in the delivery of all of DIT UAE’s visits, working closely with senior DIT leaders in post and in HQ
- The jobholder will assist in the arrangement of all visits, including senior DIT officials and Ministers. They will be required to manage logistics and travel plans and assist the DIT Visits Officer where necessary.
- They will be expected to draft diplomatic notes for official meeting requests, arranging for them to be translated, and ensuring onward transmission to the UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Marketing and communications
- Assist in promoting DIT UAE’s activities on social media. Assist in increasing DIT UAE’s presence on social media, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn.
- The jobholder will be the Deputy Post Champion for the GREAT Campaign, ensuring all events are correctly branded and recorded.
- Help the DIT Lead Officer on identifying new, innovative ways of engaging business in market through communications and marketing.
- Administrative support
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Director DIT UAE and Head of Investment DIT UAE (both based in Dubai) and Head of DIT in Abu Dhabi. This will primarily involve diary management, booking meetings and rooms, sending out diary requests, and other ad hoc support as required. Update and manage the DIT Forward Look Calendar of Events/ Visits.
- The jobholder will also be a requisitioner on our in-house finance and procurement management system to ensure that suppliers are paid correctly.
- They will manage the DIT enquiry mailbox and co-ordinate the team contact list for the annual flagship event, the Queen’s Birthday Party.
- They will also assist the Learning & Development (L&D) Champion by researching and flagging opportunities specific to the DIT team and arranging occasional sessions.
Key competencies required:
- Changing and Improving - Being responsive and innovative, and seeking out opportunities to create effective change. Being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in ‘smarter’, more focused ways.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Creating and maintaining positive, professional, and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Managing a Quality Service – Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Leading and Communicating - Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. Managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity, and upholding the reputation of the organisation.
- Experience in event management.
- Experience in visit planning/ logistics.
- Experience in communications/ marketing, particularly social media.
- Work experience in diary management.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement across all levels. Experience in working in large, complex environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage at all levels internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across Embassy teams.
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly and flexibly to meet multiple and changing priorities.
- Proven record of organisational ability. Ability to prioritise and organise own workload and meet deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail and without compromising the quality of the work.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrates high level of professionalism.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and demonstrates good judgement.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with customers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Strong IT computer skills and in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience of working in a similar role in either the public or private sector in the UK or the UAE.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of annual leave per annum, on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities.
Salary is at AED 11,108 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday.
The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and will involve working out of hours (evening and/ or weekends) during events and visits.
Whilst the role will be based in Abu Dhabi, the jobholder will be required to visit the Embassy in Dubai frequently and will be expected to visit when visits/ events are taking place there, which can mean some out-of-hours work.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role. Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (UAE local time) on 08 September 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.