View Vacancy - HR Officer - Corporate Services - (60/23 PTA) - Maternity Cover
Main purpose of job:
The Corporate Services HR Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Corporate Services HR Manager. The candidate will assist the Corporate Services Team in effectively and efficiently managing day to day HR functions. The Corporate Service HR Officer will be responsible and accountable for delivering a high quality customer service and providing appropriate and swift administrative and business support.
The British High Commission pays in full for the Key Care Plus option on Discovery Health for staff including spouses/partners and dependants.
- Once you have successfully completed your probation the British High Commission will contribute 9% of your monthly salary to a Provident Fund.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 day
- Working hours per week of 36.5
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles. Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6/12 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate”.
This opportunity is closed to applications.