View Vacancy - JKT - CSO HR, Finance & General Administration, AO
This role blends operational and administrative delivery in Human Resources, Finance and General Administration as part of the Corporate Services Team. The Corporate Services Team is a growing team that support both the UK’s bilateral Embassy to Indonesia (“the Embassy”) and the UK Mission to ASEAN (“the Mission”), as part of a shared platform. The British Embassy Jakarta is part of a world-wide network of 270 Posts, representing British political, defence, economic, trade, and consular interests in Indonesia. The UK Mission to ASEAN works to deepen UK engagement with ASEAN, building on existing collaboration and exploring new ways to collaborate with the organisation and its member states.
The CSO HR, Finance & GA is a key position in the Corporate Services Team providing a wide range of front line and high quality support and customer service in the Embassy and the Mission, particularly related to HR and Finance, for about 150 local and UK staff. The job holder will work with and report to both our Human Resources Manager and Finance/Business Manager on HR documentation, payment and other administrative matters for our Indonesia network.
The successful candidate will be offered a 12-months Fixed Term Contract initially, with a possibility of extension.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage employment-related records and database (recruitment, induction, exit, contracts, and other employment documentation, as required) working closely with Regional HR Hub.
- Be the main contact for the Embassy’s medical insurance provider to continuously improve the day-to-day service provided for Country Based Staff (CBS – mainly Indonesian nationals).
- Assist the HR Manager with payroll, employee benefits, terms and policies and other HR issues.
- Assist the HR Manager and other Embassy committees in managing and delivering HR related projects and initiatives as part of Embassy Committees or HR programs.
- Other ad hoc tasks related to HR.
- Assist with payment activities in raising requisitions and ensuring compliance with internal procurement process, working closely with Regional Finance Hub.
- Assist with Finance related inquiries and issues from staff across the Embassy.
- Be the main contact for telecoms-related payment and administration (monthly billing, invoicing, registration, maintenance and termination of accounts).
- Manage and deliver documentation related with Finance partners or vendors (eg. partner hotels for corporate rates renewals).
- Other ad hoc tasks related to Finance.
- Discharge other administrative and database-related duties within Corporate Services’ scope (Information Technology, Logistics, Protocols).
- Tertiary degree from recognised university
- Related working experience for a minimum of 1 year. A prior experience in Human Resources or Finance and general administration is desirable.
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders from different sections, background and multicultural environments.
- Client facing service delivery experience
- Proactive, meticulous, able to prioritise; analytical, good administrative skills & multitasking
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Language: Fluent in both written and verbal Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Have worked or currently working for an international organisation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexibility and personal resilience
The British Embassy/Consulate offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities: We place a strong emphasis on learning and development. You will be encouraged to undertake developmental training and get involved in corporate activities. You will have access to existing and new Corporate Services L&D as well as wider job-relevant L&D and support for your own personal development. You will have direct access to the FCDO’s International Academy.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.