View Vacancy - Finance Manager (LTU22.363)
This is a unique opportunity to join the UK Embassy in Vilnius and to provide vital support and advice on finance processes at Post, leading on financial planning and supporting decision making at Post.
The job holder will Co-ordinate accurate and timely financial processes at Post, including budgeting, forecasting, advice to senior management and partners, and related communications. Report to a diverse range of local stakeholders on all financial matters, making recommendations based on accurate forecasting of spend and central finance policy and process.
Financial Management 40%
· Lead on local finance operations, including the implementation of global policy and guidance.
· Co-ordinate Post annual processes including financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, communications, timetables, data requirements and modelling to support global processes. Making recommendations to Management Board as required.
· Monitor Post performance against key performance indicators and financial performance and compliance indicators.
· Build strong, collaborative relationships with Finance and HR Business Partners, Post leadership team and global transaction processing teams.
· Provide policy and financial advice to line managers, senior management and boards at Post. Offer guidance on business cases for financial and staff resource cases to London.
· Co-ordinate finance audit responses at Post and run regular self-audits.
· Support local projects requiring finance decision making and process improvement within Corporate Services.
Finance Processes 15%
· Manage cash reconciliation at Post as needed.
· Advise Post on income generation pricing, accounting and insurance.
· Lead on local variable pay policy and modelling on performance pay.
· Deliver local finance induction for new joiners and budget holders.
Platform Management 10%
· Complete change request cost templates for partners to join and leave the platform at Post, update cost cards as requested.
· Act as primary contact for finance queries from partners across government.
· Prepare recharges to partners in line with the memorandum of understanding (MOU).
· Advise on the application of global procurement processes are followed, acting as local subject matter expert.
· Provide guidance and training to staff at Post on procurement processes.
· Prepare payroll in line with local regulations for submission for payment.
· Manage local pension and social security contributions and submissions.
Team Support 20%
· Support to other colleagues in Corporate Services as and when necessary.
· Participate in Post crisis activity.
· Work with teams and leadership at Post to feed into Hub co-ordination work.
· Deputise for the Corporate Service manager and HR colleague during periods of absence.
· At least, 2 years’ experience in Finance roles.
· Strong understanding of budgeting and budget monitoring.
· Experience with MS Word and MS Excel.
· Ability to understand and interpret policies, regulations and rules.
· Strong analytical skills, with an ability to problem solve using data.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
· Line Management experience.
· Ability to work as part of a fast paced team providing support to others.
This is a full-time, permanent contract of 35 hours per week.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Lithuania. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Vilnius are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Lithuanian employment law.
- A competitive base salary and, in addition, a non-consolidated sports allowance;
- Private medical insurance scheme;
- A strong focus on learning and development; including access to development and learning opportunities offered to all staff.
- The opportunity to work in an international environment, gaining skills relevant to work in shared services centres and international organisations;
- 35 hours working week and a commitment to flexible working with a focus on providing a work-life balance, with the potential for some home-working.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Lithuania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.