View Vacancy - Security Assistant - S2, Colombo
Main purpose of the job:
The Security Assistant will work on a roster providing day-to-day security at the High Commission. The person will report directly to the Security Supervisor and will serve as a key member of the High Commission Guard Force.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working on a roster providing day-to-day security at the High Commission.
- Day / night patrolling at the High Commission and at the residence.
- Night clocking rounds.
- Operating and provide support on VHF and HF radios.
- Liaising with visitors and staff on a daily basis.
- Working at the Reception and Telephone switchboard as required.
- Roster on 48 Hours per week.
Language: English and Sinhala / Tamil.
Level of language required: Spoken.
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
Essential on arrival:
- Should be proactive in performing the duties and in helping others.
- Excellent communication skills in Sinhala or Tamil and English.
- Be an active team players with proven ability to work using own initiative.
- Should have enthusiastic attitude and willingness to deliver a professional customer service.
- Be friendly and helpful and able to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, starting salary will be LKR 51,797 + EPF 12% + ETF 3% per month. Other benefits include 13 month’s salary (pro-rated) and medical insurance coverage.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system. The High Commission takes pride in its organisational culture and its strong and diverse team. We offer leave entitlements as per Sri Lankan labour laws.
We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
Please quote "Security Assistant – S2, Colombo" in the subject line and send your updated CV to SAAD.Recruit@fcdo.gov.uk by 21st August 2022, midnight (Sri Lanka time zone).
You may send your CV to: British High Commission - No. 389, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
- We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.