View Vacancy - Events and Programme Officer (CZE22.385)
The British Embassy in Prague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Events and Programme Officer (part-time). The Events and Programme Officer will be responsible for:
- Acting as organisational lead on visits and events in the political team;
- Supporting the Embassy’s programme lead on project administration;
- After November 2022, acting as Secretariat for the Embassy’s Programme Board
Roles and responsibilities:
Visits and Events
- Lead on organising visits and events in the political team, with the immediate focus on Czech EU Presidency-related activity
- Until November 2022, act as support on programme management and from November 2022, lead the Embassy’s programme administration and provide assistance and advice to policy officers delivering projects.
- From November 2022, act as Secretariat for the Embassy’s Programme Board, preparing Board papers, convening the Board, taking minutes and tasking on follow-up.
Fluency at C1 level in English, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages*).
Experience in project management
Demonstrated organisational skills
Team work experience
Solid IT skills (Excel, word, MS Teams)
Knowledge of Czech EU Presidency priorities.
Fluency at B1 in Czech, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages*).
This is a part-time position (9.5 hours net) per week until 29 February 2024 with a flexible working hours arrangement. Staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy enjoys an average of 14 Czech/UK public holidays per year.
The monthly salary is 13,665 CZK (gross). In addition, staff receive meal contribution.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and 3 months probationary period.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Czech Republic in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Czech Republic are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Czech Republic employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Czech Republic and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.