View Vacancy - Military Personnel Exchange Programme Support Officer
Military Personnel Exchange Programme Support (MPEP) Officer: To support the MPEP to include nomination and on-going support.
Provide support in the management of the MPEP, to include:
- Acting as POC for the BDSUS Exchange Officer (EO) Diaspora and responding to queries by signposting to the relevant sS BDS desk officer, USA Sp Gp or UK based staffs.
- Administration of the MPEP arrivals process, briefs and security clearances.
- Timely staffing of EO candidate packs as directed and through personnel staff in USAF, USN, USMC, Army and USCG International Programme Offices and assist other EO staff with advice on the processes.
- Maintenance of a master EO database.
- Coordinating with EOs to ensure timely completion of Mid and End of Tour reports for staffing by the appropriate sS staff officer and dispatch of reports to the appropriate command.
- Staffing of all EO Third Country Deployments (TCDs) and associated visa applications.
- Assist sS and BDSUS Comms team with communications to the EO diaspora.
- Provide assistance with annual Budgetary planning supporting the EO diaspora including commercial support to conferences.
Complete all FCO, MOD and BDSUS mandated training.
Language: Must be able to speak and write English fluently
Level of language required: Fluent
Essential on arrival:
High degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially excel, including Microsoft Outlook,
Proven organising and prioritising experience.
Familiarity with MOD Budget procedures and management
Knowledge of UK Defence manning and policies and staff work.
US Current driving licence
On taking up the post you will have to complete Data Protection training which is mandated for this post as well as in house training on defence computer systems. The learning and development opportunities, including through formal training courses, are excellent. The job provides scope to broaden knowledge and experience through getting involved in the breadth of UK/US defence engagement.
Suitable for flexible hours in accordance with the Staff Handbook, but not suitable for home working
The candidate must be able to start work immediately once relevant clearances have been obtained.
Please include a cover letter stating your reasons for suitability in this role.
This opportunity is closed to applications.