View Vacancy - Security Guard (SVK19.442)
The British Embassy in Bratislava is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are seeking to recruit a Security Guard. The successful candidate will play an important role to provide safety and security for our staff and buildings. You will work mainly at the embassy, and occasionally at other events, to screen visitors and conduct checks / patrols.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Control access to the building and receive visitors.
- Monitor the security and general safety of the Embassy.
- Ensure all visitors are welcomed and directed politely and efficiently through all the security procedures.
- Monitor and manage CCTV and alarm systems throughout the Embassy.
- Report any incidents at the Embassy in a timely and accurate manner.
- Escort visitors/guests in and around the Embassy when required, issuing appropriate visitors badges.
- Receive and sign for delivery of post and packages from the Slovak Post Office and courier services to ensure relevant security checks such as x-ray and visual checks are carried out.
- Test emergency fire alarms and exit routes.
- Check technical state of security equipment.
- Train the security subcontractor (e.g. G4S) regarding the security practices.
- Other Tasks:The main responsibilities/duties and other tasks may be changed according to the Employer’s needs, however, always within the agreed type of work.
- Proficiency in oral and written English and in Slovak. Good communication skills;
- Work experience mainly in the security field, but also able to work in other fields of supervision etc;
- Knowledge of security and health and safety processes;
- Valid security guards licence;
- Strong team skills, working closely with the wider team to deliver events that meet cross Embassy goals in innovative ways;
- Good organisational skills;
- Independent decision making;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office);
- Experience in working in security position with Slovak government organisations, diplomatic missions and other similar organisations;
- Experience with working with mail scanners, hand held metal detectors, metal detector arches;
This is a full-time, permanent position of 40 hours per week with a probation period of 3 months.
The monthly salary for this position is € 1,041 gross.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Slovakia are subject to terms and conditions of service according to Slovak Labour Law.
Visa/passport requirements: Must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Slovakia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.