View Vacancy - SRR - IT Systems Manager B3(L)
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for an IT Systems Manager for a fixed-term contract of one (1) year.
The jobholder will manage the IT Team to maintain the Embassy’s IT network and to provide IT support to the user community and KSA IT Support Officers (ITSOs).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of IT team and systems
- Provide general IT administrative support on Tech Overhaul, such as maintaining user accounts, shared mailboxes, and distribution lists, and other duties assigned by the Knowledge and Technology Directorate (KTD).
- Maintain Tech Overhaul systems, reporting incidents in performance promptly to the UK Helpdesk.
- Provide all lines of support for users on standalone systems (such as maintaining user accounts) and on audio visual systems.
- Provide IT induction for new users on Tech Overhaul, ECHO telephony, and standalone systems.
- Manage ECO system network.
- Manage the distribution, return and decommissioning of IT and audio visual equipment. Rebuild desktops, laptops, and servers (if required).
- Line management of two (2) members of staff in Riyadh (ITSO and Deputy ITSO) and provide IT support to ITSOs based in the British Consulate General Jeddah (x1) and the British Trade Office Al Khobar (x1).
- Manage the IT budget. Manage the inventory of IT and audio visual equipment.
- Play an active role in the Embassy’s business continuity plan. Take part in the Embassy’s emergency planning and response to a crisis situation as part of the crisis committee.
- Play an active role in our knowledge and information management strategy.
- Development of IT systems
- Manage the standalone IT and audio visual strategy in the KSA Network. Develop communication strategy for development of IT and departmental improvements.
- Project manage facility and infrastructure provision for office moves and in compound buildings.
- Work with Embassy colleagues and external partners to understand the IT, audio, and visual requirements for events.
- Ensure the security and integrity of all systems, and that any potential breaches of security are reported and investigated
- Research, procure, and manage hardware, services, and contracts for standalone systems and audio visual systems.
- Establish and manage physical broadband connectivity line contracts, internet service provider contracts, and mobile device contracts with local mobile carriers.
- Design, develop and manage databases and SharePoint sites.
- Develop, design and manage audio visual systems, networks and infrastructures.
The above list is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required.
Key competencies required:
- Changing and Improving - Being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in ‘smarter’, more focused ways. Creating and contributing to a culture of innovation and allowing people to consider and take managed risks. Making use of alternative delivery models, including digital and shared service approaches, wherever possible.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Creating and maintaining positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Leading and Communicating - Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. Managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity, and upholding the reputation of the organisation.
- At least two years of experience in managing IT and communications facilities.
- Experience in managing service delivery, hardware, software, and operations in an environment similar in size and security complexity to an Embassy, or with a multinational organisation.
- Knowledge of the full IT development life cycle, IT governance, quality assurance, risk and change management, project management principles and deployment.
- Ability to produce accurate reporting and communicate IT developments to non-expert staff members.
- Previous line management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage and influence at all levels internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across Embassy teams.
- Excellent organisational ability, with proven ability to manage, plan, and prioritise tasks and workload.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and demonstrates good judgement.
- Ability to multi-task and have good organisational skills. Ability to respond quickly and flexibly to meet multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written).
- Relevant IT qualification.
- Experience using the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) systems.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus - SAR 8,365.41
- Housing Allowance - SAR 2,091.35 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The jobholder should also be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will also be dictated by operational needs and will involve working out of hours (evening and weekend) to provide IT support.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
The position is available to Saudi nationals and to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable iqamas. Successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter to their online application form. Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (KSA local time) on 16 September 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.