View Vacancy - Political, Press and Events Support Officer (ALB19.472)
The British Embassy in Tirana is seeking a Political, Press and Events Support Officer. The main purpose of the job is to develop and deliver Embassy Communications Strategy in conjunction with the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for drafting/circulating core scripts, speeches and press lines, responding promptly to media enquiries; arrange interviews and assist with organising public events;
- Provide media handling advice to the Ambassador and wider Embassy, media handling of crisis and other issues as required;
- Lead on communications for high profile visits and events, ensuring the appropriate level of media coverage promoting the UK;
- Oversee the Embassy’s digital platform (website, facebook, twitter) and grow the Embassy’s social media audience among groups we wish to influence. Check and approve all digital content.
- Develop and maintain contacts with NGOs and journalists;
- Provide cover for the Political officer as and when appropriate.
Budget & Programmes:
- Lead on engagement programme, overseeing the design of the project and the monitoring of implementing partners. Oversight of the Engagement Programme Budget to the value of £1M;
- Successfully plan, bid and deliver third year of UK-Albania Tech Hub. Embassy point of contact for digital/innovation themes;
- Work closely with HMA/DHM and the new Head of Programmes to positively promote HMG projects; Member of the Post Programme Board.
- University degree (or equivalent) or relevant experience in Public Relations/Communications on sensitive issues over a 5 year period;
- Professional experience in Public Relations and/or Communications over a 3 year period (or 5 years' if no University degree)
- Responsibility for running specific campaigns;
- Ability to deliver effective messages to different audiences, using appropriate tools;
- High proficiency in managing social media accounts, including content creation (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- Ability to deliver clear messages using digital tools, including concise language, graphics and videos;
- Knowledge of Albanian Media landscape;
- Experience in project management and delivery;
- IT skills, including use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Fluent English and Albanian;
- Budget management experience;
- Knowledge of Albania politics, economy and culture (political awareness).
This is a full-time fixed term contract with the possibility of renewal (1 year), for 5 working days (36 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 127,626 (ALL) gross per month, at A2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
The position will have additionally to the monthly gross salary a ‘Responsibility allowance’ and will be valid for the duration of the Tech Hub Project of 24,859 ALL (Gross per month).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and three months probation period.
Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Albania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tirana are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local (Albanian) employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.