View Vacancy - Regional Accountant (56/19 PTA)
Main purpose of job:
To undertake a wide range of financial duties on behalf of a number of Offices in the region. This will include the monitoring of budgets and forecasts, acting as the first line of financial support and compliance, plus reporting issues back to Finance Business Partners in the UK.
Individuals will also be expected to analyse the balance sheet accounts for the Offices in the region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To monitor and process the budgeting, forecasting and reporting (including exception reporting) for a range of offices in the region.
- Liaise with individual Posts and Finance Business Partners in the UK and consolidate information across a region to monitor trends and variances.
- Ensure financial management indicators [FPCIs] are robust and issues resolved appropriately within agreed timescales.
- Analyse the balance sheet accounts in your respective region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported.
- Identification and analysis of contingent liabilities, provisions, changes in pension’s liabilities and monitoring by exception creditors and debtors.
Cash Management /Profiling:
- Provide cash forecast for each Office within the Region in advance of each Financial Year.
- Work with Offices to ensure cash management is accurately reported and processes are adhered to [including Other UK Government Departments who may be present].
- Ensure that offline office accounts are submitted on time to Corporate Services Centres located in Manila.
Regional Process Monitoring:
- Operationally, ensure consistency of application of policies and financial processes within the region by
- Liaison with and notification to, overseas:
Finance Business Partners;
Balance sheet management
- Management of identified risks/provisions/contingent liabilities;
- Fixed Asset verification, management and accounting;
- Use of Hyperion & OBIEE to prepare and promote budget & forecast information
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicators;
- Spend & cost driver Analysis [liaising with Procurement & HR colleagues];
- Assist with business planning;
- Chart of Accounts usage;
- Solid experience in Budgeting and Forecasting (2 years)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understands the value of teamwork
- Sound financial background
- 3 year accounting or financial accountant knowledge
- IT literate to an advance level specifically on MS Excel
Level of language required: Fluent
- Completed SAIPA / SAICA articles
Learning and development opportunities :
ACCA/CIMA studies will be funded to a limited yearly allowance after the probation period is successfully completed.
The British High Commission pays in full for the Key Care Plus option on Discovery Health for staff including spouses/partners and dependants.
- Once you have successfully completed your probation the British High Commission will contribute 9% of your monthly salary to a Provident Fund.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days
- Working hours per week of 40
Must be able to work in South Africa and have a valid passport to travel into Africa.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.