View Vacancy - Deputy Post Security Manager
Main purpose of job
The DPSM will provide a full range of support to the Post Security Manager (PSM) and the Head of Security (ROSM), dealing with operational security issues and efficiently managing the Security Team Guard Force. Good managerial skills are required. As DPSM will be in charge of the Security of the Post in the absence of the PSM.
Roles and responsibilities
- Mentor, train and coach all locally-engaged guards. Manage their performance, setting objectives, writing their appraisals and arranging regular catch ups.
- Check all guard posts weekly (guards, guard-huts, CCTV systems, watchman clocks and keys, lighting, physical defences, neighbourhood occurrences).
- Check occurrence log books and assist PSM instigating any action required
- Assist Security team with all visits.
- Report and record any breaches of security in the unclassified area. And ensure embassy closing procedures are conducted
- Conduct practices of emergency response drills and fire alarm tests.
- Be able to prepare ship and receive diplomatic bags
- Assist PSM on checking and testing firefighting equipment and protective measures and record all details in a log book.
- Assist in overseeing the operation and testing of the local emergency VHF radio network (radio check)
- Plan and supervise the guard force shifts.
- Assist in arranging the maintenance of security fences, gates and other barriers, as well as technical resources (i.e. CCTV) and provide support in liaising with estates team to implement upgrades.
- Conduct periodic patrols and security checks.
- Conduct Background checks for new LE Staff / contractors and other visitors.
- Maintain a record of locks and keys under PSM control.
- Oversee storage and distribution of security-related store
- Assist PSM to liaise with the Military Police (Rio Branco), BOPE, Fire Brigade and other relevant contacts to build close relationship to facilitate incident response.
- Act as PSM in their absence Assist with security PCA Checks (as Fire Safety Manager Checks and Fire alarm testing) when necessary.
- Finished or in progress Training Course Diploma, Technical, and/or Bachelor Degree on Private Security, Public Security, Security Management or other relevant field for the position;
- At least 1 year of Experience on Security Field at a supervisory level.
- IT skills; Excel, PowerPoint
Level of language required: Advanced level (Speaking, writing and comprehension)
Level of language required: Fluency
- Already existing good relationship with key contacts as Military Police, BOPE, Civil Police and Fire Brigade will be an advantage.
- Excellent communications skills; good presentation skills; able to speak in public.
- Previous experience as Police Officer or at the Armed Forces
- Normal working hours from 08:30 to 16:45
- Flexibility to work out of hours needed in order to support the night guarding shift
- Flexibility to be on-call officer out of hours and weekends
You must be able to work and live in Brazil.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and an enriching learning and development opportunities. Eligibility to work and live in Brazil is required.
The candidate needs to be flexible to travel to other posts to do job shadowing and to cover other Posts Security Managers annual leaves.
This opportunity is closed to applications.