View Vacancy - Corporate Services and HR Intern
Main purpose of job
The British Embassy in Colombia is looking for an Intern to provide general support to the Corporate Services Team focussing on Human Resources. The successful candidate will be able to work as a key member of the team working hand-in-hand with the Corporate Services Officer and the Regional HR Hub based in Washington DC. Applicants must be students in their final semesters in the fields of Administration, HHRR or similar. Excellent skills in oral and written English and Spanish is required. Also desirable is knowledge in social security systems, and health and safety in the workplace.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Provide support for administrative procedures regarding activities related to local and regional recruitment and on boarding/induction documents and processes for new staff, liaising closely with the regional HR Hub in Washington.
- Provide assistance with the Social Security affiliations for the British Embassy Local Staff and resolve issues associated with health entities (EPS), pension funds, labour risk administrator (ARL) and benefits representatives /entity (CCF).
- Organise events and meetings.
- Update databases, E-files, SharePoint, spreadsheets and personal records.
- Provide support in the implementation of Management System for Health and Safety at Work “SG-SST”.
- Administrative tasks, handling telephone calls, preparation of letters and certificates and other documents related to Human Resources or the work of the Corporate Services Team more generally.
- Provide support in the despatch of diplomatic mail – Diplomatic Bag.
Essential on arrival:
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet)
- Excellent English knowledge in both oral and written
- Excellent customer service
- Capacity to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and working as part of a team
- Knowledge in Colombian Labour Law
- Experience in HHRR
- Knowledge in filing of documents
- Working experience with external suppliers
This opportunity is closed to applications.