View Vacancy - Regional HR Officer- Grade-Administrative Officer(AO), New Delhi
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Please note that due to Covid-19 outbreak, the start date of employment mentioned in the advert is tentative, subject to normal business of British High Commission. All recruitment campaigns will remain open for applications, we will progress the recruitment process as swiftly as possible and continue to review all applications, monitor progress and developments. We will be in touch with you for the interviews/ should there be further updates on the application, however given the circumstances, kindly expect some delay in response and please reach out to email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Main purpose of job:
The FCDO Hub based out of New Delhi, covers 20 Posts in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and The Maldives. We work with Posts' Corporate Services Teams and Senior Leaders to ensure HR best practices, to support operationally and to advise strategically.
The role of the HR Hub is to provide key HR Services including (recruitment, job evaluation, pay and reward, talent and performance management and HR enquiries) to customers across the region. The HR Hub provides a strategic and professional HR capability to support Regional Senior Leaders in delivery of business objectives. The HR hub forms an integral part of the global HR offer to staff working in the overseas network for the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office, and will lead on all specific HR issues in collaboration with the London based HR DGs.
This is a HR Generalist role that provides HR advisory services to staff across these posts.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
HR ENQUIRIES (30%) -
- Respond to HR related enquiries from staff received through email, telephone or other ways, following appropriate procedures as set out in enquiry level and the Service Level Agreement.
- Monitor HRD policy and guidance & ensure that enquiry handling procedures mirror these and cascade knowledge to other team members. Constantly seek to review and improve service by identifying areas for development in guidance and reporting feedback from customers to managers.
- Manage and organise the enquiries log and ensure enquiries are appropriately handled according to their urgency and subject matter within relevant SLA targets.
HR ADMINISTRATION & MIS (35%) –
- Ensure the HR Database for the employees in the region is updated
- Managing/updating employee information on ORC platform (HR Software)
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports
- Sharing relevant payroll data within defined timelines
- Maintain and update all relevant trackers as required
HR SERVICE DELIVERY (30%) –
- Tracking & sending probation reminders, and follow up for delayed probation confirmation & extension cases, contract end and retirement notifications to the relevant stakeholders
- Issuing probation confirmation letters, contract extension letters, letter of appointment, employment certificates and other reference letters
- Completing end to end exit formalities of the existing employees
- Process improvisation and documentation
- Organize and manage HR Hub Induction related tasks
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (5%) –
- Supporting the line manager, and wider team as and when required
- Act as a backup for another HR officer
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Human Resources is preferable.
- At least 2+ years of relevant work experience in Human Resources
- Outstanding interpersonal & both oral and written communication skills with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & word
Level of language required: Fluent (Both written and spoken)
- Experience in shared service
- Self-starter with an ability to handle a large volume data
- Articulate, level headed with very good customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as a part of a team
- Able to use judgement to prioritise work
For BHC candidates, the Local BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, Basic Salary will be INR 48,766 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation Fund.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with INR 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
No relocation or any other related costs or assistance will be provided.
Please note - BHC does not deduct tax at source and employees are required to ensure that any requirements of local income-tax law are complied with in full. Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg. some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation and Competency Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 15th August 2022 till 23:55 pm.
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission.
Please note - Provident Fund Transfer in and out from EPFO is not possible as BHC PF is managed by a private PF trust governed by Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. The staff still has the option to transfer out and in from a privately held PF trust which are not governed by EPFO.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.