View Vacancy - Guardforce Supervisor (NOR590)
The British Embassy in Oslo is part of the United Kingdom's world-wide diplomatic network, and represents British political, economic and consular interests in Norway. The embassy is looking for a Guardforce Supervisor.
The main purpose of the job is ensuring the physical security of the Embassy (including that of its staff, visitors and assets), supervision of Security Guard Team and backup IT Support Officer.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- General (79%): Duties include ensuring the physical security of the Embassy (including that of its staff, visitors and assets), securing the Embassy compound and its buildings, carrying out regular security sweeps, unlocking and locking the Embassy outside office hours;
- Static duties from the guard house: Duties include acting as first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries, control of entry and exit for visitors, monitoring CCTV and security systems;
- Mobile Duties: Duties include patrolling the Embassy compound and its perimeter, carrying out security checks on visitors and vehicles entering the Embassy compound.
- Carrying out Health & Safety tasks as directed by the Security Manager;
- Team Leader (15%): Guard supervision, management of guard house and patrol routines (2x Security Guards), Performance management of guards and writing annual guards assessments;
- Back-up IT Support Officer (up to 6%): Back-up for IT Support Officer when absent, and to provide additional assistance if exceptional IT circumstances require it.
- Police, Military or Security background;
- Able to communicate (oral and written) in Norwegian and English;
- Good communication skills and able to communicate courteously with members of the public in person and by telephone;
- Good organizational skills;
- General IT skills;
- Able to successfully undergo a rigorous background check.
- Leadership or line management skills;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Used to an international environment;
- Full, valid driving licence.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (currently 35 hours net) per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and 6 months probation period.
Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy Oslo are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with Norwegian employment law.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Norway. The Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.