View Vacancy - Regional Learning and Development Coordinator A2 Bucharest (ROU629)
The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is looking to recruit an energetic, enthusiastic, self starter and motivated Regional Learning and Development Coordinator to be based at the British Embassy in Bucharest.
The Diplomatic Academy Regional Teams help provide solutions to the learning and development needs of the UK government overseas. We partner with posts and our colleagues in London to ensure learning is based on performance improvement and aligned to UK government priorities. We work to ensure that learning activities are designed to best-practice L&D standards and based on solid research, that they are part of learning programmes that are effective in meeting their objectives, and that we are building learning cultures within the workplace.
Our teams are based across the globe. We work at a fast pace with a high degree of autonomy. We need to be flexible and adept at dealing with change and ambiguity. We need to be skilful at working across cultures and resourceful to ensure we always deliver, even when we meet the unexpected!
The Europe/EECAD team cover a lot of ground. We partner with more than 50 Posts (about 3,500 staff), including some of the most important priority posts in the network.
This requires a lot of support, and that’s why we need a reliable, hard-working, resourceful Coordinator who has an attention to detail and gets things done with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will collaborate with other regional Coordinators and Team Europe to help with communications, manage our budget, and to provide logistical and administrative support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate communications by being the first point of contact for enquiries from our customers throughout the region, and the main person leading on our outgoing communications and coordinating our contributions to the global L&D newsletter.
- Support with maintaining the Learning Management System by scheduling events, ensuring relevant content and links are uploaded, and becoming the team expert in administration of the system.
- Support our facilitation work by helping to prepare materials, communicating with posts about visits, keeping our management information up-to-date, and ensuring our evaluation processes are followed.
- Manage our regional budget, providing timely reports to our operations team, procure goods and services for the team, following best-practice procurement guidelines to ensure best value for money.
- Provide general logistical support to the team, including managing our shared documentation, helping to schedule and support learning events and programmes, coordinating application processes, keeping our calendar up-to-date, helping organise team meetings and help with ad hoc tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- IT skills – the ability to use office applications, in particular Excel and Word.
- Organisation skills – we need someone who is great at getting stuff done and getting the detail right.
- Experience of managing events or projects.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of working internationally.
This is a full-time position of 5 days (35 hours net per week).
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Romanian / UK public holidays per year.
Monthly salary is 4048 gross RON. In addition, staff are entitled to a 13th month salary pro rata and may receive a performance related bonus at year end. Staff also receive meal vouchers and a monthly subscription to a medical centre.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance, and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of 90 days.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Romanian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.