View Vacancy - Senior Prosperity and Public Affairs Adviser for Ekaterinburg (RUS636)
The British Consulate General in Ekaterinburg is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Senior Prosperity and Public Affairs Adviser.
The successful candidate will make a real difference the work of the busy three-person Prosperity & Public Affairs Team. They will help to improve the consulate’s understanding of local economic and social trends and how these relate to UK priorities. They will oversee projects which contribute to the UK’s priorities on people-to-people links, values, and economy and prosperity, in line with the Country Business Plan. And they will bring creativity, expertise and innovation to the task of promoting the consulate’s work on social media channels.
In more detail main responsibilities will include:
- Public and economic affairs: draw on a wide range of information sources, including local press and relevant contacts, to research and analyse regional economic and social developments and trends. Support Consul-General / Deputy Consul-General on outreach activity to strengthen prosperity outputs/outcomes and facilitate meaningful links between the UK and Russia;
- Project management: both directly oversee projects and help to manage relationships with external implementers, ensuring that goals are met on time and on budget. Help build relationships with potential new implementers and help to ensure that the Urals region generates an increased pipeline of high-quality bids for available project funds (focusing on economic, social and cultural themes);
- Communications: produce innovative and eye-catching content for UK in Russia social media channels about the consulate’s activities. Work with colleagues in Moscow to deliver effective internal communications;
- Culture and education: lead on promoting the Chevening scholarship programme in the region and maintaining contact with alumni. Liaison with British Council for enhanced educational/cultural cooperation. Support activity on broader people-to-people links;
- Corporate: update monthly consulate travel and entertainment budget forecasts. Maintain consulate crisis preparedness. Cover for A2 (L) Corporate Services Adviser when absent. Support other teams in the consulate when required, including some regional travel and translating and interpreting for Consul-General / Deputy Consul-General. To contribute to broader corporate agenda e.g. by serving as representative on the Russia Network Board.
- Fluent English and Russian (both oral and written);
- IT skills – including Microsoft Office, social media and video / photo editing skills;
- Basic numeracy skills – for budget forecasts and managing project finances;
- Good understanding of current affairs in the Urals region, including politics and economics, culture and society;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Minimum two years of work experience in a relevant field;
- Candidates should be highly organised, have a track record as a team player and should be able to work in a diverse, high-performing environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build productive working relations with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Availability to travel.
This is a full-time permanent position, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 91,705 gross, B3 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate / sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
Please be advised that the British Consulate will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.