View Vacancy - Security Manager B3(L) (08/17 MPT)
Main purpose of job:
Manage the overall security and safety of UK government employees and the estate in accordance with UK policy and procedures.
Support the effective running of the corporate services team in Mozambique.
The Security Manager will be responsible for managing transport services and protocol for the 1HMG platform.
Roles and responsibilities:
The British High Commission and the Department for International Development (DFID) office in Mozambique have a combined corporate services platform called 1HMG.
To deliver a sound foundation for the work of 1HMG, the Security Manager will manage the security of all 1HMG employees, their workplaces and residences of posted staff.
- Manage the security guarding contract to ensure it meets Key Performance Indicators and report monthly to Post Security Officer (Deputy High Commissioner) and security committee.
- Regularly assess the security of residential and office accommodation to ensure that it meets defined standards.
- Conduct surprise checks, including outside of office hours.
- Monitor local security conditions; liaise with local police and other security contacts and feed into UK government travel advice where needed; and play an active role in crisis response.
- Provide security briefings/induction for new employees; regularly brief and remind employees and their families about security.
- Manage the radio network, including regular checks and maintenance.
Health and safety compliance
- Be focal point on all health and safety issues; provide advice when requested; and proactively issue guidance to support formation of a “safety culture”.
- Regular testing of fire, bomb alarms and systems in offices and residential accommodation.
- Manage Transport and Protocol Officer and overseeing a team of four drivers
- From time to time there will be a need for flexible support to other areas of the 1HMG team and cover and support will be needed for example to cover leave, peaks in other areas of work, special events.
- The job requires occasional work outside of normal working hours eg monitoring security guards at night.
- Good organisational and inter-personal skills.
- IT literacy (proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel).
- At least 5 years experience of managing people and contracts.
- Good oral communication, team-working and self-management skills.
- Security sector experience.
- Experience of managing security for a diplomatic mission or international organisation.
Learning and development opportunities:
- Finance and management courses as required.
- There will also be opportunities for job shadowing and mentoring in the Africa network.
- The position is for a 12 month renewable contract.
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Maputo are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Mozambique.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Mozambique with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Mozambique will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.