View Vacancy - CPK - Trade and Investment Officer (Creative Industries), B3 - Maternity Cover
China’s rapid economic growth, development and emergence on the global stage has resulted in increased opportunities for the Creative Industries sector. The UK’s creative industries are amongst the most influential and successful in the world. British creative entrepreneurs continue to be world leaders in film & TV, music, architecture, fashion, publishing, experience economy, design, and branding. The UK creativity and innovation is highly marketable and sought after by global business.
The jobholder will have a supporting role in contributing to sector targets in complex business environments. The role will cover both trade and investment and the jobholder will feed in to, interpret, and implement the strategy set by the Director and senior managers, and contribute to the broader project level, assisting in business planning and campaign strategy. The role will include building a network of influential relationships in China and the UK which support the sector strategy, and the jobholder will be expected to represent UK interests with senior contacts, officials and businessmen. Specific tasks will include:
- Delivery of targeted campaigns to help UK Creative industries win more business in China, and to secure new and increased investment from China to the UK.
- Build strong relationships with key government officials, industry bodies, and business clients.
- Identify and link new Chinese opportunities and investment interests with UK capability and strategic needs
- Promote UK excellence
- Work in collaboration with partners across government, cross-team colleagues, and private businesses to overcome barriers to trade and market access issues
- working with CBBC in providing services to UK companies, using your sector expertise to enable them to achieve their targets for service deliveries, revenue, and business opportunity responses.
- Graduate degree or equivalent professional experience/qualification
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese
- Good commercial awareness and be able to identify commercial opportunities
- An ability to work well in a team and cultivate external relationships
- Good communication skills and an ability to engage with contacts from different environments and backgrounds
- The ability to be creative, flexible and resourceful in developing ideas and solving problems
- Knowledge of internet research, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint is necessary
- Knowledge of CRM would be an advantage
- Experience in Creative Industries would be ideal but not necessary.
This role is advertised on a six (6) months fixed term maternity cover contract.
We offer a competitive package, which includes basic salary, good leave entitlement, and insurance plan etc. The gross starting salary for this position before all deductions is CNY 17,670/ month for Chinese Nationals and an abated monthly salary of CNY 24,529/ month for British Nationals and spouses/ partners (all nationalities) of diplomats who are ‘W’ (diplomatic) visa holders and meet passport criteria.
We also offer excellent development opportunities and a 22-day annual leave entitlement in pro rata.
Conditioned working hours is 35 hours/ week from Monday to Friday.
For more details on our Total Rewards Package, please visit our website http://www.gov.uk/government/world/china.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Beijing is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Chinese employment law.
All applications must be received before 11:55PM (China Standard Time) on 14 January 2018.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 5 February 2018.
Please check your application centre regularly for an update.
This opportunity is closed to applications.